What happens when you don't read the fine prints on App Store

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by veruska, Feb 15, 2014.

1. veruska macrumors newbie

When I purchase an App for any of my devices and I decide later on to install it on another device of my own,
    I always have to "accept to pay the price first" and pray that App Store system remembers that it had already been paid for.

It would be much easier for the customer, that the system would do that checking first and then come up with a question to
    confirm the purchase. *But no: we have to "Accept to pay" first!

So yesterday, it got even worse!

I purchased a version 3 of an App named Picture Collage Maker yesterday and installed it on my iMac. *
    Later at night, I decided to install it on my MacBookPro*but I didn't realize there was a previous version sinc the Ads in the screen
    didn't show the difference and I clicked on that by mistake. *I have a screenshow to prove how badly it is displayed and how easy it
    is for anyone to make a mistake.

But I was confident that just by reporting the problem to Apple, I would get the charges reverted. *I was wrong! *Their answer was:

"We checked your account and saw that you received a refund for a accidental purchase on 01/09/2011, 12/11/2011, and 08/08/2012. Because the iTunes Store has already made an exception to the Terms of Sale for you, I cannot grant you a refund for this purchase.e"

Yes, 2011 and 2012!*For some small iPhone App or else, I don't even remember what it was.

And this CANNED answer for a customer that spent $3K+ on an iMac last year and $3K+ on a MBP last month!*

I'm so frustrated! Not because I can't afford trowing away 19 bucks, but because they didn't even stop to check my records and realize that Apple sells big money to my entire household and deserve some personal attention and not a canned answer!

I would like if there is a way I can escalate this pledge. *
    If anybody knows, I will appreciate it! *

2. Shrink macrumors G3

Shrink

Just two points...

First, they made exceptions in the past, and apparently have some policy about how many they will allow. You ran into that wall. Like it or not, they have finally said no more exceptions. Perhaps you might be grateful for the exceptions in the past, rather than resentful that another exemption was denied.

You appear to feel that you are owed some privileges or special status because you and you family have spent a lot of money on Apple products. I don't understand why you feel that sense of entitlement. By that logic, there should be a tiered system, with low expenditure buyers at the bottom, and high expenditure buyers at the top of the "extra privileges" pyramid. Sort of a VIP system. For better or worse (better to my way of thinking), Apple has no VIP structure based on expenditure history.

3. simsaladimbamba

Contact Apple again and ask to speak to a person higher up, maybe a supervisor. If that does not help, escalate further up.

And you can always try emailing Tim Cook or/and using Apple's Feedback site.

4. gnasher729 macrumors P6

gnasher729

Well, for the $3K+ last year you got an iMac worth $3K+, and for the $3K+ last month you got an MBP worth $3K+. Seems you and Apple are even.

And if you use the "App Store" app and click on "Purchases", you will see all purchases you ever made, and I have never been asked to pay any money to install any of those purchases again.

5. Dobbs2 macrumors 6502

Use the purchases tab. It will save you a lot of headache and it is the way Apple intended customers to download software to other computers or redownload to the same computer.

6. s15119 macrumors 65816

s15119

I'm sorry. What's your complaint? You bought the wrong product. You're done so at least twice before and gotten refunds. Sorry, you should have learned to be more careful the first time. I don't know anyone else who has had the problem once, I think it's fair that you pay for what you bought the 3rd time. Time to pay more attention to what you purchase.

7. Macman45 macrumors demi-god

Macman45

Contacting a senior rep works....I bought Logic 9 a month before the launch of the new version...I contacted my Apple rep who put me in touch with iTunes upper tier support.

They grumbled a bit, told me they'd never do it again, but in the end they refunded the cost of nine allowing me to buy the newer up to date version. Be persistent, but polite.