Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iPhonemaster5S

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 10, 2011
Colorado
From the leaks we have seen I am not too impressed with the looks of it. I hate to say but this is the first time I am actually thinking Samsung might win me. I found some renderings of the "iPhone 6" which if the iPhone 5 looked like this i'm pretty sure apple would destroy the s3. Here is the link http://www.yankodesign.com/2012/07/26/forget-iphone-5-its-time-for-iphone-6/ let me know what you guys think of it.

LittleGwen

macrumors 6502
Jul 25, 2012
USA
WOW! :eek: that actually looks 10000% better than any "leaked" iphone 5 pictures I've seen. And i'm loving that it looks like it has a bigger AND wider screen!! I love it i love it i love it! To be honest, as I was pressing the link, I wasn't expecting much but damn.. you did a superb job. I'm actually regretting seeing the pic because I think I'll be disappointed with the new iphone... especially because the leaked photos just look like taller versions of iphone 4 in different colors. But this one looks different yet still has that apple feel to it. Did I mention.. i love it? :D:D:D

iPhonemaster5S

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 10, 2011
Colorado
I didn't do the renderings I just found them. :D but they do look really good don't they? Although picturing this in white I don't think it would good though.

Want300

macrumors 65816
Oct 12, 2011
St. Louis, MO
That design looks SICK! I WANT IT. I would miss the silent toggle switch though. I don't want to have to toggle volume up and down every time like I had to on my phones before the iPhone.

iPhonemaster5S

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 10, 2011
Colorado
That design looks SICK! I WANT IT. I would miss the silent toggle switch though. I don't want to have to toggle volume up and down every time like I had to on my phones before the iPhone.

Yeah but I dont think thats a big issue. If Apple did use a design similar to this the media and consumers would be all over this. But the next thing is the features. What else could apple do besides design? Maybe like a quad core A6 proccesor, 1 1/2 day battery life(if that is even possible).

Want300

macrumors 65816
Oct 12, 2011
St. Louis, MO
Yeah but I dont think thats a big issue. If Apple did use a design similar to this the media and consumers would be all over this. But the next thing is the features. What else could apple do besides design? Maybe like a quad core A6 proccesor, 1 1/2 day battery life(if that is even possible).

Maybe some of the breakthroughs in Rechargeable Batteries will be ready... not sure.

Crazy Badger

macrumors 65816
Apr 1, 2008
Scotland
I don't get why people want their mobile phone to look like a mini tablet. A want something that fits comfortably in my hand and doesn't feel like a stretch to hold when up against my ear.

If I want to spend time browsing I'll pick up a laptop or tablet, but the current iPhone screen size if fine for looking up odd bits of information.

Will be happy if the new iPhone is a little longer (and extra row of icons on each page would be handy) but the same width and maybe a little thinner and lighter

elppa

macrumors 68040
Nov 26, 2003
It is very nice. The only problem I can see is the home button is on the wrong side for the left handed.

Siggen

macrumors 6502
Apr 1, 2011
Oslo, Norway
I don't get why people want their mobile phone to look like a mini tablet. A want something that fits comfortably in my hand and doesn't feel like a stretch to hold when up against my ear.

If I want to spend time browsing I'll pick up a laptop or tablet, but the current iPhone screen size if fine for looking up odd bits of information.

Will be happy if the new iPhone is a little longer (and extra row of icons on each page would be handy) but the same width and maybe a little thinner and lighter

The iPad fits comfortably in my hand(s)! Too bad it doesn't fit in my pocket.
If it did, and had full mobile phone functions, I'd be one happy Bluetooth user!

MacChinoNyc

macrumors 6502
Apr 14, 2008
Now that's much better. I will find it hard to believe that Apple would release a "new" iPhone model that looks the same as the previous two models. That would be such a fail. Worse thing would be the long lines of people waiting for this barely different device. Pretty hard to fight the "fanboy" label when Apple doesn't give you much more yet they call themselves revolutionary or something. It would be hilarious if they announce this model as looking basically the same with a slightly larger screen and specs and no-one lines up for the launch due too disappointment....but let's be realistic here. I use a Google nexus and would gladly try a new iPhone if it worked much better but let's be realistic here, I'm not holding my breathe lol. /endrant

pgiguere1

macrumors 68020
May 28, 2009
Montreal, Canada
I don't like those renders at all. The proportions (SIM card tray, 3.5mm port, screws etc.) are all wrong. The alignments (camera, Apple logo) are ugly as hell too.

The logo on the front is tacky and very unlikely given that Apple is even dropping the model name on the front of their laptops now.

Basically the only reasons this looks good is for unrealistic reasons:

The bezel is unrealistically thin. The glass is unrealistically glossy. The screen is unrealistically black (you can't distinguish it from the bezel). The phone is also unrealistically thin if you expect to have more than 30 min of battery life.

Sorry to burst the bubble here but I find this both ugly and unrealistic.

Why not put remove the bezel completely and make it 5mm thin while we're at it.

lordofthereef

macrumors G5
Nov 29, 2011
Boston, MA
I very much like the front and back, especially the Apple logo where the home button "should" be. Very sharp looking.

I understand what the artist tried to do with the volume keys, but there is something about the look that I just don't like. Can't put words to it. I think a rocker might look nicer. Or basically what we have now? I don't know. Just getting nit picky right now.

But in all seriousness, this is probably the nicest concept I have seen of the iPhone. Whether we get something close to this or not, the artist truly did a beautiful job.

Want300

macrumors 65816
Oct 12, 2011
St. Louis, MO
I very much like the front and back, especially the Apple logo where the home button "should" be. Very sharp looking.

I understand what the artist tried to do with the volume keys, but there is something about the look that I just don't like. Can't put words to it. I think a rocker might look nicer. Or basically what we have now? I don't know. Just getting nit picky right now.

But in all seriousness, this is probably the nicest concept I have seen of the iPhone. Whether we get something close to this or not, the artist truly did a beautiful job.

I wouldn't mind them putting the Apple logo in the home button... instead of the square with rounded edges we have now. I can only guess how that would look based off these renders. Cuz now that I think about it, the shape in the home button only makes sense to me cuz it has always been there.

lordofthereef

macrumors G5
Nov 29, 2011
Boston, MA
I wouldn't mind them putting the Apple logo in the home button... instead of the square with rounded edges we have now. I can only guess how that would look based off these renders. Cuz now that I think about it, the shape in the home button only makes sense to me cuz it has always been there.

I agree. Frankly, I'd rather the home button go the way of the dodo, really. I personally don't find it necessary or convenient, but plenty of people will disagree. I guess the best way to learn how unnecessary the home button is is to have your home button die on you and be forced to use other options. Frankly, everything can be done, with one hand, without a home button as it can with it. It takes a little bit of retraining, but I think that's fine.

I would even be happier with a touch-based home button. The home button is used for everything and it's mother. As such, it get's pushed the most frequently of any button on the phone. It stands to reason that it will eventually wear out/malfunction.

iPusch

macrumors 6502
May 30, 2012
Manhattan, New York
That looks stunning :eek: The only thing I don't like is the home button put on the frame, thats so android like and I never liked it on my friends device but the rest looks great & I also like the light up Apple Logo :apple: but that would be replaced by the home button again, maybe the lil square lines of that button could light up when I get a notification, I would welcome it...otherwise it depresses me that we all have so many wonderful ideas but we all know that Apple will never implement them into the final product :(

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.