What if Apple and Samsung merged?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ijohnbro, Oct 26, 2011.

1. ijohnbro macrumors regular

Wouldn't that be crazy if Apple and Samsung joined forces to put together the ultimate phone. It would never happen because Apple would never do it. Just imagine an "iGalaxy" 4.5 inch Super Amoled screen with iPhone type software and look, but with androids best features that iPhone doesn't have. Throw in surround sound speakers, maybe something bose quality, improved 4G LTE chip that's smaller and better, the phone would be made out of some kind of stainless steal/aluminum finish. Also using the highest quality grade screen you can get, work on pushing for something even better than Gorilla glass. make the internals tough, make the phone shock resistant and only thing required is a really thin high grade rubber type case that fits it like a glove. Also work on a design that fits right in your hand like a dream even with a 4.5 inch screen. I think all the other phone companies would go under.

2. Millionin20s macrumors regular

3. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

4. thenerdal macrumors 65816

5. PhoenixMac macrumors 65816

i don't like it

my ideal apple merger would be with Nintendo!

6. AlvinNguyen macrumors 6502a

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A334 Safari/7534.48.3)

Cocaine is a hell of a drug

7. dontwalkhand macrumors 601

dontwalkhand

It would be one very gimicky phone instead of something that works. Just a bunch of bells and whistles to sell a phone, but they know nobody would use.

8. Tarzanman macrumors 65816

Coffee shops would go out of business because no one would have a reason to go down there and show off their latest purchases.

Hipsters would probably own early 2000's Nokia phones.

9. ijohnbro thread starter macrumors regular

Not really, if they both tried to put together the very best it would be very expensive and it would be very good. Just like a car, if GM wanted to build some million dollar car that last forever they could.

10. Roofy. macrumors 6502a

apple and samsung have already merged enough.

their processors and graphics are about all we need. thanks but no thanks, we don't need cheap plastic phones and ****** AMOLED screens. yes thats right I said AMOLED screens are crap. Why? because they are. I tested out a few of them and hated them. the colors are wayyyyy to blown out to a point where it just looks fake. It seriously looked like I was looking at a piece of paper where a kid color sharpies the **** out of it as apposed to an actual screen.

and can anyone tell me why the iPhone has the best graphics STILL after over 7 months of the iPad 2 being out when the freakin thing is made by samsung? why can't samsung just use that graphics chip?

edit: and if this ever happens this would be when we know steve jobs ideas have run out and some ******* took over. steve jobs doesn't like crappy products, and I'm pretty sure the rest of the team gets that.

11. thenerdal macrumors 65816

Just because you think AMOLED are crap, doesn't make them crap. AMOLED saves more battery and makes phones thinner.

iPhone doesn't have the best graphics.

12. MrJay23 macrumors member

13. dontwalkhand macrumors 601

dontwalkhand

I would prefer Apple be Apple, Samsung be Samsung, and HTC be HTC. But if I were to choose one, I definitely would prefer HTC over Samsung's construction and design choices any day. At least HTC Sense is not a ripoff of iOS like Samsungs are.

14. fizzwinkus macrumors 6502a

15. mcdj macrumors 604

mcdj

First sign of pure fantasy..."Bose quality".

I love how people's "dream" phones would be built to last for 10 years, as if anyone would ever want a phone that's 10 years old, or even 5.

16. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

Have you considered Apple merging with Kohler? Who wouldn't want a crapper with a reality distortion field?

17. Kyotoma macrumors 68000

Kyotoma

This would never pass the government in either Korea or the United States.

18. spades1412 macrumors 6502

Lawyers would loose so much money if this were to happen. Courtrooms would then be used for things that really matter.

19. ah123 macrumors regular

Apple would never merge. Instead they would just buy Samsung.

20. mcdj macrumors 604

mcdj

And they would never buy Samsung.

21. Roofy. macrumors 6502a

then what phone does?