Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TheAppleFan2004

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 11, 2023
From the latest rumours, it's been said that there will be a Blue-grey iPhone 15 Pro this year, instead of the Crimson Red one people were hoping for.

BUT,

What if Apple hasn't done away with the colour way? What if, they're just reserving it for the mid-cycle refresh?

Personally, I feel that this has a fair chance of happening, because from the same leaks, we can see that a PRODUCT(RED) standard iPhone is also not coming. So what if Apple are just waiting till February to drop the new PRODUCT(RED) iPhone 15 and iPhone 15 Pro?

I mean, it's not unlikely, they did do the same thing for the Green iPhone 13's.

Last edited:
Reactions: AlexJ092

Cancelled
Sep 11, 2014
From the latest rumours, it's been said that there will be a Blue-grey iPhone 15 Pro this year, instead of the Crimson Red one people were hoping for.

BUT,

What if Apple hasn't done away with the colour way? What if, they're just reserving it for the mid-cycle refresh?

Personally, I feel that this has a fair chance of happening, because from the same leaks, we can see that a PRODUCT(RED) standard iPhone is also not coming. So what if Apple are just waiting till February to drop the new PRODUCT(RED) iPhone 15 and iPhone 15 Pro?

I mean, it's not unlikely, they did do the same thing for the Green iPhone 13's.
I think there's a good chance. The rumor of red was pretty persistent and last time that happened with a color that was so strongly rumored to be anticipated at release, yet didn't show up at release, was the green for the 13 and 13 Pro.

Personally I find that annoying as I would prefer to get a phone closer to release. But I'm sure Apple found it lucrative to do this.

Cancelled
Sep 11, 2014
That is why I always pick black. I have always regretted colors.
They’ve never really made it black enough on the recent Pro iPhones like Samsung did with one of the Ultra phones I had a couple of years ago. Or the jet piano black iPhone one of my kids had a few years back.

I think the matte glass back on the Pro models keeps the colors from looking deep enough to suit me. There’s always that frosted grey sheen under certain lighting on the dark colors.

But at least matte backs keep us from dealing with fingerprints. I am looking forward to the 15 Pro for that reason; all surfaces are textured and won’t accumulate fingerprints

What I wish would come back is the deep glossy glass black with the brushed silver stainless rim that my iPhone 4 had. That phone was such a beauty and I’d be willing to put up with fingerprints to get that styling back.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.