Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

fireshot91

macrumors 601
Jul 31, 2008
Northern VA
Imagine if you bought Apple stock when they first went public! :eek:

Nobody knows what will happen next. Only predictions can come, and half the time they're wrong. That's why it's called an investment: it could go either way. You could come up strong, or lose out big time.

smithrh

macrumors 68030
Feb 28, 2009
Imagine if you bought Apple stock when they first went public! :eek:

Just like in "Forrest Gump:"
[Forrest Gump referring to Apple Computer]
Forrest Gump: Lieutenant Dan got me invested in some kind of fruit company. So then I got a call from him, saying we don't have to worry about money no more. And I said, that's good! One less thing.

That movie came out in 1994.

Mousse

macrumors 68040
Apr 7, 2008
Flea Bottom, King's Landing
Nobody knows what will happen next. Only predictions can come, and half the time they're wrong. That's why it's called an investment: it could go either way. You could come up strong, or lose out big time.

When I worked as an Apple Certified Repair Tech (years before :apple: Stores existed), my company gave us 50 shares of Apple stock (worth about $950 at the time) instead of Christmas Bonuses (cheap bastards :mad:).
This was when everyone and their mothers considered :apple: stock certificates useful only to wipe your (_!_). I sold all but one stock to say I own part of :apple:. Apple was supposed be dead within a year. Then the second coming of Steve Jobs and the infamous deal with the M$ Devil... the rest we know.
That's 15 grand pissed away. Oh well. At least I still have one :apple: stock.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.