What Internet Browser Do You Use?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Mumty, Nov 22, 2011.

1. Mumty macrumors newbie

I use Safari on Wifi. Over time, I've used many different browsers but all of them had major or minor glitches that sent me back to Safari.

On EDGE/3G I use Opera because it is 3x as fast for a slow connection like me and compresses the data I use.

What browser do you use and why?

2. TM WAZZA macrumors 68000

I use Safari because it hasn't brought me any problems. 'It just works'.

It's not like stock Android browsers where you'll have to find the best alternative (Dolphin).

3. wordoflife macrumors 604

wordoflife

Saafari. Simple and to the point. Works fine over WiFi and 3G.

4. Brettka7 macrumors regular

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

Safari!

5. TL24 macrumors 6502a

TL24

Safari - no need to use any other browser and the only time I use an alternative is when I need to be in desktop mode, then I use Dolphin or Atomic Web.

6. SDColorado macrumors 65816

SDColorado

I have experimented some with various versions other browsers, but generally my go to browser is Safari. it meets my needs.

I do like Dolphin though. The gestures are pretty cool.

7. KappaH macrumors newbie

8. Savor Suspended

Savor

For both iOS and Android, I generally use their stock browser. I use Opera Mini as an alternative. For WP7.5, I have to use IE. For desktop PC, I use Chrome and Firefox. Apple, Google, Microsoft, Mozilla, or Opera, I use them all depending on the hardware.

9. Thetonyk123 macrumors 68000

Thetonyk123

perfect browser, its perfect (except for some minor bugs)

10. heyloo macrumors 6502

I was actually very fond of iCab Mobile browser. I've used Atomic, iCab and Safari so far and iCab was very handy with all the gestures and other functions.

With iOS5, however, I ended up switching back to Safari as I found Safari's loading/browsing speed to be much faster than iCab. I still use iCab on my iPad2 but I may end up switching back eventually because of the speed.

11. BergerFan macrumors 68020

BergerFan

Safari. I used iCab occasionally because of the tabbed browsing, but iOS 5 has sorted that.
    If I ever need to download anything from the web(a PDF or rar file, etc), I copy the URL and used GoodReader's web functionality.
    Third-party browsers just aren't as smooth as Safari is.