Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rgarjr

macrumors 604
Apr 2, 2009
Southern California
I'm not surprised- imo the 7 was one of the most lacklustre releases, worse than the 8.

Anyway, I'm upgrading from a 6 space grey 64gb which started to lag real bad with poor battery life.

Yep, definitely a lot of 7 Plusers upgrading. I need to upgrade my 6 Plus because of the gimped out RAM it has.

Last edited:

Surf Monkey

macrumors 603
Oct 3, 2010
Portland, OR
7 Plus Jet Black 256gig ATT on the IUP.

I’m going to be sad to see this one go. I seriously mulled holding onto it for another year and paying it off so I could keep it. In my opinion the Jet Black 7 Plus is the ultimate evolution of the 6 and arguably the best design Apple has released since the 4S.

But the OLED screen is too much to pass up, even on a first generation product. I’m somewhat apprehensive about losing the horizontal screen real estate, but I think I can live with the trade off against overall the size. I have big hands, so I don’t mind the size of the 7 Plus, but the future of iPhone is bezel-less and I’m absolutely certain that a larger iPhone X (an X Plus) is no more than two years away, probably only one.

MsRandall

macrumors 65816
Nov 27, 2011
Bay Area, Ca
My iPhone 7 plus 256 Jet Black was given to my son because he loved the color - I am using the gold iPhone 7 plus 256 I bought him but I just sold it on ebay and will ship it out on Friday morning to the new owner overnight

tarsins

macrumors 65816
Sep 15, 2009
Wales
7 plus 128GB matte black, Ordered 64GB silver. Looking forward to s Mal,ler phone but similar size screen.

jt1king

macrumors newbie
Oct 28, 2017
My X 256gb silver is replacing an iPhone 7 Plus 128 gb black. I had a 6 Plus before and got the 7 Plus knowing Apple had something new for this year. I’ll be getting my X on launch day but if I hadn’t, or the X was something I didn’t want, the 7 Plus would be fine and is an awesome phone.

Joe h

macrumors regular
Sep 22, 2017
8+ 256 AT&T black model. Switched to Verizon after a headache dealing with AT&T’s next program. Apparently getting the old phone to their facility within three days was longer than 14 days, somehow?

Anyways, the 8+ works fine on the Verizon network in North Dakota, since all of Verizon’s towers are gsm in this state, but I figured why not buy a phone specifically for their network, in case I have to travel.

MMM.PWR

macrumors 6502
Sep 21, 2009
Milwaukee
6s Plus Space Grey 64 ~> X Silver 64

Ever since updating to iOS 11 my phone has been super glitchy, although I think it’s gotten better and didn’t fail me during preorder so there’s that.

LD Curb

macrumors 6502
Apr 19, 2015
USA
Replacing 64 GB white/gold iPhone 7 Plus with X in SG 256. "Preparing to Ship" .... getting excited!!

quietstormSD

macrumors 65816
Mar 2, 2010
San Diego, CA
Long story... I purchased a NextBit Robin (Android) phone last holiday season to try Android out. Didn’t like it after a month and went back to my iPhone 6 but dropped it in the pool in August. So I’ve been on this NextBit Robin phone since, and it’s killing me. I need a new iPhone desperately.

Oridus

macrumors 65816
Oct 8, 2012
iPhone 7+ Jet Black 128 that met an unfortunate demise.

My current phone I'm using you may ask? Feast your eyes:

IMG_0328.JPG

The LGB470
  • First off, let me pique your interest with this display. It's pure magic. 3.86 x 2 x 0.73 inches, and 64 x 96 pixels and 128ppi. All the viewing space you'll ever need with that phenomenal resolution.
  • Weighing just shy of 3.7oz, it's super light weight and pocketable.
  • It comes in a variety of colors as long as it is the premium "Black" color.
  • A 1.3 MP shooter on the back will show details you never thought possible in your photos. This is the only camera you'll ever need. With built in "shooting effects", you'll be the envy of all your Instagram followers.
  • The phone is super efficient. No need for a power hungry processor. The Qualcomm 230mhz processor in this beast is so efficient, it can boot up within seconds!
  • Don't have access to a charger? No problem. The 950mAH battery will last for DAYS with normal usage. Suck it, Apple!
  • Fun innovative features are what people love, and this device is no exception. This fun little gadget has unit conversion, tip calculator, voice recorder, a task list, stopwatch and regular calculator, voice commands (step aside Siri), and a super efficient notepad that will put Evernote out of business.
I actually like this phone so much I am almost considering either scalping my iPhone X preorder or cancelling it altogether to allow some other poor soul to get the X which most undoubtedly be greatly inferior to the LGB470.

Have fun with your silly iPhones ladies and gentlemen. I'm clearly the winner in this situation.

SXR

macrumors 6502a
Nov 20, 2007
Netherlands
iPhone 6 Space Grey 64GB > iPhone X Silver 64GB :D:D:D Havent been this stoked for an iPhone since my first iPhone 3GS

KingslayerG5

Suspended
Oct 16, 2017
It's not replacing an iPhone. It's replacing this...

G5-medium07.jpg

^ My favorite phone of all-time.

"I'm talking G5..Pecker!"
zUJmss.gif

First to offer wide-angle
Removable battery
MicroSD expansion up to 2TB
IR blaster
Fluid UI near Pixel-quality
8/10 iFixit score
Louder speaker than my V20
More manageable size than V20
G5 & V20 charge in 75 min, tops
Most underrated phone ever

Only issue is image retention that comes and goes and the camera app settings is not robust enough. I can't lower the MP resolution. Each photo from the main rear cam is like 7MB. GPS is fine. No bootloops. Battery is still decent.

My current G5 is the RS988 variant which is unlocked and can work on Verizon and T-Mobile with no problems. It's not even a month old yet (Oct 6). My previous one was from Sprint and gave it away a month ago. For seven months with the previous one, it never slowed down on me. Was as fluid as Pixel.

My X will be promoted as my main daily driver while my LGs will be demoted as media players, TV remotes, and occasional travel phones for that wide-angle. That benefits my LGs because I won't recharge them so many times and lesser chance of getting stolen.

My work phones deals with location service and tethering on all day. Whatever phone has a sim or I take for work, I bombard them with battery drainers. So my combo is like this -

Work
iPhone X (Phone), left holster
iPhone SE (GPS/iPod), right holster

^ My pair of Apple SE-X workers. ;)

Home
LG G5
LG V20

My Lucky Goldstars where "Life's Good" at home.

The iPhone X is also really replacing my Google Pixel which I also love because it got so many basics right. But X is just a superior phone than Pixel, period. That's why I had to sell the Pixel.

iPhone X over Pixel
$350 more
Same dimensions
0.8" bigger display
Telephoto
Water/dust resistance
Better design
Better display
Better video recorder
64GB over 32GB
Gesture controls baked into the OS

The iPhone X will be the last iPhone I will get this decade though. I'm an Android guy at heart. Doesn't mean I can't use and enjoy both platforms concurrently but I get bored quickly with the same ol', same ol'.

2017 - Apple iPhone X

Happy 10, iPhone

2019 - Google Pixel 4 or 4 XL

Hoping Google can finally add a second cam for zoom or wide. I might also try out Sony and Nokia (HMD) just for fun. I still care about what Sony and Nokia do.

The real Final Four flagships in the United States for the best every year is really...

iPhone vs Note vs Pixel vs V-series

Pixels and LG will never really be popular or truly mainstream. Galaxy S-series and G-series are just first-half of the year mini versions of the Note & V-series.

My personal Android OEM favorite is LG but I am kinda itching to go back to the Pixels since unlocked and no bloat on Verizon. Google is really my favorite company, period.

Some may not have a single Android in your household, but we all use Google whether Search or YouTube. One of the greatest companies to exist and work for during the last 20 years.

Googleplex: Free food!
woz_and_us_2.jpeg

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.