What iphone X case are you ordering?

pjny

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 18, 2010
The incipio case protected my 6s+ from many drops. It is the very thin plastic one and i was under $25 IIRC. I am plnning on getting these which are $30 and $19. What are you getting?

Incipio Apple iPhone X Dualpro Case - Black

Incipio Apple iPhone X Ngp Case - Smoke

KrisLord

macrumors 68000
Sep 12, 2008
Northumberland, UK
Official Apple leather case for me.

I’ve used the same case on my 7 plus and I think my 6S before that.

If I’d gone for the IUP I’d be trying a year caseless, but as I bought outright I need to keep it in decent condition.

I have also considered some of the similar cases from Sena.

myscrnnm

macrumors 65816
Sep 16, 2014
Seattle, WA
Already ordered the Apple leather in saddle brown for pickup on the 1st. I'll get other cases down the line, but Apple's leather cases are still my favorite for everyday use.

Reactions: upnorth85

lordhamster

macrumors 6502a
Jan 23, 2008
I go through phone cases and pistol holsters faster than my wife goes through purses and shoes. I know I have a problem. :)

I bought 2 Ringke clear TPU cases for $7 each off Amazon... so we have some sort of case to hold our phones in worst case. I hate cases, but iPhones tend to be hard for me to hold on to, so I like a thin case for gripyness.

I then also ordered 2 Apple cases from Apple directly.

1. iPhone X Silicone Case - Pink Sand (for the wife)

2. iPhone X Leather Saddle Brown. (Had one of these on my old 6sPlus and loved it.

Eventually I might get one of those kickstand cases for it as well.

KrisLord

macrumors 68000
Sep 12, 2008
Northumberland, UK
I find some of the TPU and silicone cases too grippy. They’re fine to hold but get stuck on your pocket easily....

I like the leather one when it’s a little past new - it feels odd for about the first month until it’s got a little wear to it.

niijonodhg

macrumors regular
Jul 20, 2016
United Kingdom
Not ordered a case yet, just an Orzly screen protector. Haven't decided on whether I want to go big and bulky or minimal and not much protection!

gabo864

macrumors 6502a
Sep 13, 2012
I’m ordering two Apple silicone cases in white and Black. I love Apple silicone cases.

upnorth85

macrumors 6502a
Oct 2, 2011
MN, USA
I ordered Apple's leather case for myself and a pink Silicon case for my wife. In hindsight, I wasted precious minutes for these and will never in the future put these in the same order during pre-order period.

danilko1

macrumors 65816
Jun 21, 2010
I have bought third party cases before. Usually in the $15 price range. However I never seem to be happy with them.
This past year, I bought the Apple Leather case. Mostly because it had the metal buttons. This was a good idea. I have used the case, the whole year, and never felt bad about it. So I figure swapping out 5 $10 cases all year long, vs leaving my phone alone in an Apple Leather case. I really have a stack of cases stored away. Useless.

Last year's color was Product Red. This year is midnight blue. I plan on a natural color in the future.

Reactions: KrisLord

LOVIN SOUL GLO

macrumors member
Jan 30, 2013
Ontario
Just purchased the Cosmos Blue leather case. Usually I have went with Midnight blue but found the blue changes to black pretty quick. Going to see if this cosmos is any better

Juansito

macrumors regular
Sep 12, 2014
I’ve had a number of cases including an Apple leather case. Thinking about trying the Apple silicone case in product red

Menel

macrumors 603
Aug 4, 2011
My ipad 4yr old Apple leather smart case in saddle brown has aged great.

Doing that with iPhone.

Reactions: rgarjr