Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

palmerc2

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Feb 29, 2008
Los Angeles
One thing, among other things, that I think is missing is the ability to type in different font types....such as bold, italic...then times new roman, helvetica, comic sans, etc.

With how powerful the iPhone is, don't you think it should be an option? I really don't think that is material for iOS5, but just as an extension of iOS4.

Post what other things are missing....widgets, whatever...

Dmac77

macrumors 68020
Jan 2, 2008
Michigan
Why would you need to type in comic sans on your phone??? It's still a cell phone, and I don't see why you need to send your text messages in different fonts. I suppose italics, underlines, and bolded text would be useful though.

The only thing it's missing is a bossprefs type interface.

-Don

Press22

macrumors 6502
Jun 6, 2010
Las Vegas
I'd really like a lockscreen info.
Like the kind on android phones showing weather and whatever else it shows.

klitorisaurus

macrumors member
Jun 10, 2010
Custom, or at the very least new, SMS/Alert tones. I can not for the life of me, figure out why this is so hard for them to figure out. Unless it's just some pavlovian marketing trick, in which case, they're become more sinister by the day.

StuddedLeather

macrumors 6502a
Apr 20, 2009
Brooklyn, NYC
One thing, among other things, that I think is missing is the ability to type in different font types....such as bold, italic...then times new roman, helvetica, comic sans, etc.

There's an app for that :cool:

But seriously why would you need other fonts other carriers/phones probably wouldn't even be able to transmit it to it's customers.

I just want more customization, which is coming soon. I hope. It's not THAT big of a deal, Apple makes up in other places.

QuarterSwede

macrumors G3
Oct 1, 2005
Colorado Springs, CO
There's an app for that :cool:

But seriously why would you need other fonts other carriers/phones probably wouldn't even be able to transmit it to it's customers.

I just want more customization, which is coming soon. I hope. It's not THAT big of a deal, Apple makes up in other places.
I've wanted a couple of font options in Mail or at least font sizes, especially since my iPhone signature doesn't match my OS X Mail signature. Not ideal.

Ljohnson72

macrumors 6502a
Dec 21, 2008
Denver, Co

cristeto1981

macrumors newbie
Jun 15, 2010
Why would you need to type in comic sans on your phone??? It's still a cell phone, and I don't see why you need to send your text messages in different fonts. I suppose italics, underlines, and bolded text would be useful though.

The only thing it's missing is a bossprefs type interface.

-Don

Yeah. I was actually thinking about that. For me as long as I get to text message my friends with a readable font I'm ok .:)

jackapple

macrumors member
Jun 20, 2009
Besides custom or new SMS tones, I'd love to see a notification light, possibly like the sleep light on MacBook Pros.

joshysquashy

macrumors 6502a
May 13, 2005
UK
Having a handfull of fonts would be helpful for web developers, as the iPhone could then natively support different fonts on the web.

mbell75

macrumors 6502
Oct 30, 2007
Post what other things are missing....widgets, whatever...

You want the long list or the short list? :) Off the top of my head...

Flash
Notification bar/LED light
Multitasking of any app
speech to text in all fields
native tethering
built in navigation
auto reformatting of text in the browser
widgets
live wallpapers

vertigomhs

macrumors member
Jul 13, 2008
- better lockscreen (notifications completely block out texts and etc), also a way to see your notifications history.

- true multitasking of all apps (like someone else said above me)

- right click menu in safari like opera would be nice.

- oh, and being able to change the sms tone because when 5 people in a car all have iphones, everyone has to check their phone to see who got a text lol

Michael CM1

macrumors 603
Feb 4, 2008
The main thing I can think of is wireless syncing. I don't want multitasking for any apps because apparently there are APIs devs are supposed to use that makes for better battery life.

I haven't actually used iOS4, so I'm sure other minor stuff may come to mind.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.