what is ipad2 good for ?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Tech198, Jun 3, 2011.

1. Tech198 macrumors G4

Thinking of purchasing ipad 2 and currently have an Macbook pro i7 and Iphone 4.

Knowing that i use it mainly for surfing/email that i can easily do on ipad 2 anyway, (not to mention being more light weight), I was just wondering what do users of ipad's use them & how much do you use your macs ? Or rather, how little ...?

Basically... can ipad outweigh a macbook pro. ? (even if it is a tablet)

2. alex00100 macrumors regular

3. Skika macrumors 68030

It serves for making the iPhone an calling device only and the MBP an occasional heavy lifter.
    ;)

4. bowlerman625 macrumors 68020

bowlerman625

5. Calvinator666 macrumors member

I do way more surfing on the iPad than on my iMac ever since I got it. Definitely more of a device used for consuming rather than doing heavy duty work.

I also use the ezDesktop app on the iPad, so I can remotely go 'into' my iMac when I am sitting right outside the living room with my iPad. I work exclusively from home, so having ezDesktop can sometimes make my life a little easier without having to run into my office room to check my emails or wondering who is talking to me via Adium.

6. 4DThinker macrumors 68020

Good for?
    1. Lightening your bank account.
    2. Fascinating you for a few weeks.

7. blueroom macrumors 603

blueroom

Well the iPad is significantly better than any Archos, Cowon or other third rate zero support Chinese KIRF garbage. At least an iPad won't cause the deep depression those would.

8. Calvinator666 macrumors member

I am sure some of you people here have tried and tested out other competitive tablets on the market. And to be honest, they just do not cut it.

I was trying out the Creative ZiiO recently, and the touchscreen is not even responsive. The UI looks like a mess and I don't even know where to begin.

9. 4DThinker macrumors 68020

Until you notice the light leaks, the yellowing, the bad pixels, black bars wasting most of the screen when playing movies, and how crappy ithe screen looks after a few minutes of use. You do read this forum, don't you? I agree though that they are all money pits. BTW, your iPad was made in China. Coulda sworn an iPad factory recently blew up. Great working conditions I'm sure. Wonder if any factory employees get depressed? Oh wait, they do. Nevermind.

10. Big D 51 macrumors 6502a

Big D 51

funny +1

11. peapody macrumors 68040

peapody

I use my ipad to hold school notes and text books. Let's me have it all in one place when I need to be mobile.

12. BlindMellon macrumors 65816

BlindMellon

What is it good for?

1. Absolutely nothing (Say it again y'all)
    2. Huh Good God y'all

13. darngooddesign macrumors G3

heh