Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'iPhone' started by FF_productions, Jul 11, 2008.
My reason? The plan...but I will just buy it and hopefully unlock it to whatever carrier I want.
Nothing.......hehe proud owner
AT&T and their stupid upgrade fee
I currently have 2 months and 6 days left of my 2 year contract with at&t with my Motorola Sliver (no data plan). at&t and the apple store (stating at&t's policies & procedures) said that I would have to pay full price ($499 8g, $599 16g) if I bought the iPhone now and transferred my number to the new phone. Otherwise, I have to wait.
I looked at my current SIM card and 3G is written on it. I don't know how to switch the SIM card and if that will work, especially since I don't have a data plan. And I don't know that if I do, and at&t sees a new data plan for iPhone prior to my contract being up, I'll get charged on my at&t bill.
Very unhappy. You think that at&t would waive it if I'm purchasing more services from them. I don't get it.
It's still so huge and bulky.
Apple really has to find a way to make it smaller for it to reach real mainstream.
And also the camera is just weak...2 MP ?!?! come on Apple, you can do better then that.
Although I am a little tempted to buy it, since I just lost my brand new phone today !$@#%
The mother****ing line
I know it sounds shallow, but I love the aluminum back... and the exclusivity of it. People know that you were one of the first people to get an iPhone when they see the aluminum back. The plastic back tells people that you got it when the price was lowered. Lame.
Also, 3G isn't a big deal to me... and the maps application with 2.0 seems better with the "current position" than it did with 1.1.4. Maybe I'm hallucinating.
im a proud owner of the 1st gen iPhone and i have the $30 1500msg and unlimited data plan and its just perfect and if i get the new iphone 3g i have to pay alot more like $45 a month and im happy with it maybe if they change the plan i will get it
I will wait till apple decides to allow proper use of bluetooth, this for me is of paramount importance. Perhaps a couple of months?
I already have one!
I agree 100%.
I was pretty mad when they announced the new iphone only a few months after I got mine, but after looking at it, I'd really rather stick to this one. The plastic looks bad IMO, but maybe it's just me not liking plastic stuff; when looking for a laptop for school I completely skipped looking at the macbooks and started at the pros because they weren't covered in shiny, fingerprint-loving plastic. And also after watching the launch at the local AT&T store on tv, and seeing all the people buying theirs, the phone has lost it's "elite"-ism if you will. Back before anyone knew about the 3G if you pulled out your iphone someone was bound to say something about it, usually it was something like: "haha why would you waste all your money on that?........can I see it?" Same thing happened with the Razr. Everyone who bought them "full price" got all the ooooo's and aaaaa's, and then they cut the price and everyone and their grandmother has one.
Although, maybe it's just that I like to have stuff other people don't.
How about the choice for "They Ran Out"
Currently keeping me from buying.
All my local AT&T stores ran out in 1-2hours of opening. I'm going tomorrow to a Apple store 150+miles from my house... Now that's devotion.
MS office app
Video recording app
Even though I would prefer 3G over Edge, I am sticking with my 1st Gen. I just bought it 2 months ago. I, too, was pretty disgusted about the news of the 2nd Gen, 3G, coming out. The manager of the ATT&T store who sold the iPhone to me, didn't say nary a word. Of course, I guess, he wanted the $$ thinking that I would get the new iPhone?
He guessed wrong.
I got my 2.0 and my MobileMe (when it's up! ).
Happy Apple here
i'm waiting for a NEW iphone. I'm waiting for more capacity and more hardware development. i nearly went ahead to get one of the 3g's but instead have decided to track down an older one. aside from the headphone jack, 3g and gps there really isn't much of a difference. the main reason trumping all of these thing is that there will likely be my NEW iphone coming out summer/fall 2009. so i'll save my subsidized discount whatever you wanna call it for that phone. you know at&t will not offer a dime off another iphone if you got the 3g, they've got way too much invested (to apple ) to be giving out another discount.
so craigslist or ebay or anyone on here...
prices are falling on the old ones i was too late to catch 2 on craigslist today, 8gb for 150$ and 170$. they were no less than 250$ last week, here in indianapolis
Im waiting until next year when they make it even cheaper (making the outrageous monthly cost more practical), video recording, voice commands, video conferencing, copy and paste, and a physical keyboard. All of which should happen by next year.
She says if i get another iPhone she will give me no more nookie.
The carrier is my reason and my *ONLY* reason. It's such bs. I want an iPhone but not AT&T. I have Tmo and I have no complaints with them whatsoever so why would I wanna switch over?
Too little upgrade for the money/happy with what I have.
I'm not ruling out an upgrade in the future, but for now I see no reason to.
So people who got an iPhone have to use this thread to gloat...
I'm waiting for my father to get back from England...and hoping my AT&T store actually has stock when we go (likely) tomorrow to get our's (two accounts, he's getting his for free and buying mine as a gift). All attempts to contact them to find out if they still have any today failed...no one picked up their phone at all today. The line at 7:30am didn't look promising for them having stock left after today...unless they got more in.
Agreed. I just got my iPhone in January, and just don't see the need to upgrade so soon.
Waiting for the white one to be available on upgrade
My reason............No o2 pay & go
i have a first gen iphone 8gb..
whats keeping me from buying the new iPhone3g is:
1)I'm waiting for an official unlock of the device (hopefully when PAYG comes out on o2 then it will be unlocked)..
2)I'm waiting for 32GB increase in memory which probably wont happen til December.