What is MacRumors News Site running on?

Discussion in 'Site and Forum Feedback' started by Glumpfner, May 31, 2011.

1. Glumpfner macrumors regular

Hello,

since I am starting up a bigger community based website, I was wondering what MacRumors uses on their main news site.

Is it the vBulletin Suite?

The only worry I have about vBulletin Suite as a news site, is that I am not sure how complicated it will get to customize it (adding customized script etc.)
    Wordpress would be easier for that.

But then again, running Wordpress as the Newsscript and vBulletin as a Forum would require some kind of Wordpress/Bulletin Bridge, and the ones out there don't seem to be very stable or very limited.

And since the new launch of the site, I am very surprised how good the news site actually looks.

For those reasons I am wondering if MacRumors runs purely on vBulletin, or if it's crossed with other CMS/Frameworks.

Thank you

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Scroll down to the very bottom of this page.

3. stridemat Moderator

stridemat

Staff Member

The forums run on Vbulletin, but the News articles use a CMS system. As to which I do not know.

4. arn macrumors god

arn

Staff Member

We now use a customized Wordpress for the front page.

arn

5. Glumpfner thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks for the info.

Guess that's the way I will go as well. Just worried about finding/creating a proper wordpress / vbulletin bridge.

6. hobbbz macrumors 6502a

hobbbz

After dabbling with many different blogging / cms softwares. I cannot recommend Wordpress enough. If it doesn't do exactly what you want it to, someone has probably written a plugin for it. And if that isn't 100%, it's super easy to hack away.