What is the Best Bluetooth speaker?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by corry20, Jan 13, 2014.

1. corry20 macrumors regular

Is Bose still the best bluetooth speaker?I'm looking for a really good 200 dollar speaker.

2. DonnyXMX macrumors member

DonnyXMX

I have the Bose Sound link 2 and I love it. No speaker phone like the Big Jam box but it's portable and has full sound for music and watching movies on my iPad Air. I use it mostly in my bedroom because my sickness, so good sound with ease is a plus.

3. Foo4Everlong macrumors member

I got a blue Best Buy Exclusive Beats Pill for Christmas and I love it! It's plenty loud for what I use it for. The BB employee recommended the JBL $149.99 Bluetooth speaker and I agreed that it sounded better than the Pill at higher volumes but it doesn't look as nice IMO. The Pill at the highest volume is a little tinny, and the JBL was more consistently stable. Hope this helps! Later

This is my Pill. I also got a Pill Character Stand to hold my speaker. No blue characters yet unfortunately!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. JNGold macrumors 6502a

JNGold

5. Tmelon macrumors 6502a

I'd absolutely go for Bose over Beats. Beats are loud but the sound quality is nothing special. I bought a $15 speaker online that sounds as good as the Beats pill.

6. corry20 thread starter macrumors regular

I also was thinking of the new Fugoo speaker.At Ces they talked allot about it but hasn't been released yet.http://fugoo.com/speakers/

7. steve knight macrumors 68020

steve knight

8. gr8tfly macrumors 603

gr8tfly

I just got a Bose Soundlink Mini last Friday and the sound quality blew me away. It's the best computer/bookshelf/portable I've heard, even to the point of comparing it to my 5.1 HT system. Very full sound, amazing bass and percussion impact, full midrange, and nice high end. I've played with several EQ presets, and didn't even bother trying a custom - I just set it to "flat" on all devices (iPhone 5s, iPad Air, and rMBP). It's also very easy to switch between paired devices.

I thought it a bit pricey (though not for Bose), but as reviews have said it easily compares or beats speakers costing much, much more. Well worth $199.

My only complaint is the auto shut off when no audio is being received (30 min.). From what I've read, this is supposed to only happen when on battery only, but occurs when on a/c also. Hopefully, something that can be addressed in a firmware update.

9. 997.2 macrumors regular

big jam box. got on sale for like 250 on amazon shipped. LOVE IT

10. bhags8 macrumors 6502a

same. But at verizon with 25% discount. Have had it for a year and it's the best ever. Use it for 10 hours a night in a LOUD environment at work and it has made my life so much better lol

11. i0Nic macrumors 65816

This.

12. mofunk macrumors 68000

mofunk

Go with either the JBL flip or the Jambox. I've had my JBL for about a year and I still love it. It fills up the room nice and loud :). It comes with a nice carrying bag and you can use it to answer your phone or make conference calls. The Jambox I like to but it's a little more expensive. I compared my friends Jambox to my JBL flip and both sound great. The JBL has a little more bass.. Jambox speaks to tell you that it's on.

13. SaintsMac macrumors 6502a

I have to say the Bose Soundlink Mini is my favorite! It is perfect for my office. A little big to carry for travel but sound very solid.

14. ItBeMe22 macrumors 6502

ItBeMe22

JBL flip had for about a year now and use it every day love it. :)

15. Gav2k macrumors G3

Gav2k

http://www.braven.com/braven-brv-1-waterproof-bluetooth-speaker.html

16. zamudiovsky macrumors regular

I like the Brookstone Big Blue ($149.99)... i used to work at Brookstone and got it for $79.99 and it was a great investment!

17. corry20 thread starter macrumors regular

I have a small bedroom just.I don't need to cover a huge area.I was looking at the bose.I wish it has usb charging.

18. dwa2011 macrumors regular

dwa2011

I have the Braven 625S. It has USB charging and solid sound. I really like it and use it all the time. You can buy it here for less than $100.

Not sure if you have heard of the clymb, but you have to be a member to buy from them but amazon has it for $125 so you could save a lot of money by going that route.

You want my suggestion for what you are looking for, the 625S is the most practical and cost efficient solution.

19. mofunk macrumors 68000

mofunk

JBL has two wireless speakers have a USB charging. JBL Charge

20. iPodJedi macrumors 6502a

iPodJedi

Not sure how much a beats speaker is but my friend had one and it sounded amazing.

21. tvotony macrumors regular

Bose sound link is awesome I just got it sounds amazing for it to be this this portable

22. bhags8 macrumors 6502a

If you have a small room that you plan on using it in then you shouldn't need the BIG Jambox. Id go for one of the cheaper ones then.

23. aalu91 macrumors member

24. iPodJedi macrumors 6502a

iPodJedi

I agree I really like the jambox and it sounds pretty nice. Ive herd the bose ones and they arnt to bad either. I normally use my HDTV's soundbar which has a built in iphone dock and it sounds amazing-i think it is an LG but could be wrong and it is also bluetooth