Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Haruhi

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 19, 2008
I need a mic that will plug into the USB port, which will still let me use the built-in speakers.

mackmgg

macrumors 68000
Nov 2, 2007
Read the post, I want to use the built-in speakers.

You can use the built in speaker with the apple ones plugged in in some applications. I know skype does this on speaker phone along with Sonic Vox

I thought the USB port on the touch was not accessible to applications?

Apple is releasing that with 3.0 in June.

Night Spring

macrumors G5
Jul 17, 2008

Haruhi

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 19, 2008
Reaso

I like to use the builtin ones because I can just hold it and talk without unconfirtable earphones falling out

theosh

macrumors member
Apr 15, 2008
The only mike I found at Macally is this.
http://www.macally.com/EN/Product/ArticleShow.asp?ArticleID=171

It says it works with iPod 5G, iPod nano 2G and iPod classic -- doesn't say it works with ipod touch or iPhone.

Why do you need to use the ipod Touch's built-in speakers, instead of hooking up external speakers through a microphone adapter?

I'm using a Gen2 IPT w/ Fring.
This mic works, sorta. My main purpose to buying the iVoiceIII was for VOIP. I wanted to be able to use the internal speaker in conjunction with the iVOiceIII mic, to simulate a phone. Using Fring in a test call it works flawlessly. Woo hoo just like a phone. Here's the problem I'm having, feedback. When I try to place a call to an outside number I get noting but feedback. I suppose if I plugged in headphone to the iVoiceIII it would take care of the feedback, but that defeats my purpose. I'll keep tinkering with it:confused:, if anyone has any ideas please drop a post.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.