What is the coolest thing you've done with your ipad

Discussion in 'iPad' started by bid2ask77, Dec 21, 2010.

1. bid2ask77 macrumors regular

bid2ask77

What is the coolest thing you've done with your ipad. Something that makes you just love your ipad.

2. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

I showed it booting Windows 3.11 to a room full of university computer/IT people on the big screen in a presentation. I have never seen people's eyes get that big before. Until I loaded Google in IE 4. :D

3. azx4442, Dec 21, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 21, 2010

azx4442 macrumors newbie

We recently recorded an EP at a studio and we used my iPad intensively! The singer used Muji Notebook to write/read lyrics. Guitarists and Bassist used it for chords. I used the Korg iMS-20 as a synth for some of the tracks. Then during the days when some of us didnt have anything to do, we would chill out by playing games like Scrabble and Cut The Rope HD.

4. AppleGoddess macrumors 6502a

AppleGoddess

Had a garage sale last Sunday some people did not have enough cash for some items, brought out my iPad and used the app square up, I swiped ,they signed, cash went in my bank ;)
    Very cool now I need some grand kids so they can have a very cool lemonade stand.

5. thetaylor13 macrumors regular

thetaylor13

This has blown my mind. Honestly had no idea this was a possibility, very awesome and very handy.

BTW dont forget to make sure your imaginary grand kids get a permit to sell that lemonade, since our government is now worried about all that untaxed purchases!

6. rgarjr macrumors 603

rgarjr

Op, dont u have a similar thread on the iPhone section?

7. WhySoSerious macrumors 65816

WhySoSerious

who cares? if his question pertains to the iphone, what's the bother?

8. AppleGoddess macrumors 6502a

AppleGoddess

The app is great when I get visa gift cards, you can swipe them and they go into the bank :) my x husband is using the iPad for his AC company, with this App.

Best app ever waiting for the camera, then you can get a photo as they sign, and it sends them a receipt to their email address.

9. maturola macrumors 68040

maturola

10. rgarjr macrumors 603

rgarjr

yah horndog.. :D

11. maturola macrumors 68040

maturola

You know i read them for the "Articles" ;)

12. Joined:
    May 30, 2010
    It has revolutionized my toilet experience. :D

Oh and I take all my class notes on it now. But that's not that cool.

13. henry2 macrumors regular

henry2

On a flight for work up to the bay area for a afternoon and next morning meeting . I was seated next to a very nice older lady sitting in the same aisle as me on the plane and she saw me playing on the ipad and said that looks really easly to use and let her play with it and show her how it worked and she said she going to buy one for herself this was in Sept time frame after giveing my back to me and we talked about the ipad and how it can work for a personal basic computer type needs for traveling for the rest of the flight intill we land at the home base ..

i did point out to her that a lot of the heavy duty work can not be done on a ipad and you would need a desktop or a laptop for those projects do need a lot of the computer power to do them ..but a person basic daily use of checking the email and surfing the web and reading -e-books and magazines it great for that . ..

Now fastforward this morning flight that i flew on for work in northern Ca for work .As i got on the plane for the flight up this morning there was the lady who sit beside me for the flight up to the bay area and the lady calls out me my name as i pass her and she goes remember me ..I tell her no i do not iam sorry that i do not remember you miss .. She goes and pulls out a ipad and do you remember your the one who told me about the ipad on the flight back in Sept time frame and we talked about the ipad ..

She tells me after the flight landed i went to the nearest best buy and bought one and your right it does do some amazing things for a person and it a lot lighter to carry than a laptop when traveling plus given the fact it alot simpler to use as a older person not a long learning curve to get everything down pat to learn how to operate the ipad and it O.S for a person ..

14. thunderbunny macrumors 6502a

thunderbunny

I used mine (with case) as a tray in the pub to carry three pints back to our table.

15. Dragoro macrumors 6502

Dragoro

I wouldn't want to put that kind of weight on it.

16. slashcrashcup macrumors newbie

Coolest thing I have done

During November the family and I went over to the California Coast to camp for a few days. We wanted to try Crabbing off the Bodega Bay Public Pier but did not know the sizes or sportfishing regulations applicable. The evening prior to our endeavor, after the family went to bed I got out the Ipad and downloaded the sportfishing regulations pdf and got familiar with them. The next day we were crabbing on the pier. It started raining and while we were waiting for the crabs to enter our pots (crab pots) we pulled out a tarp and listen to Pandora while playing games under a tarp. Ended up catching 5 crabs and it was a huge success. Yeah for the IPAD w/ 3G. :D

17. hsotnicam8002, Dec 21, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 21, 2010
  18. maturola macrumors 68040

maturola

19. nightfly13 macrumors 6502a

nightfly13

Remote and Keynote Remote

It's not life-changing, but my iPad is very handy to teach from. There's a Macbook in the back connected to both a 7.1 surround system in the classroom and a projector mounted on the ceiling.

I access my notes and control the keynote presentation from my iPad then on the breaks I switch over to the iTunes 'Remote' app and control the music. When the break's over, I slide the volume down over a couple seconds and people get the message that it's go time. By the time they're back seated I'm back in my Keynote Remote app and it's pretty slick.

Unfortunately, there isn't a native iPad Keynote Remote app and it looks terribly scaling, but I'm sure it'll come eventually.

20. Dr McKay macrumors 68040

Dr McKay

Remoted into my Laptop using iTeleport to send a file to my colleague from my PC, he was watching me do it in amazement. I still think to this day he thought my iPad was running Windows 7.

21. bid2ask77 thread starter macrumors regular

bid2ask77

Yes i do i had just bought an ipad and i want to get some ideas of what i could do with it.

22. bid2ask77 thread starter macrumors regular

bid2ask77

I tell people the same thing too. LOL The articles are very good. LOL

23. Carniphage macrumors 68000

Carniphage

24. NebulaClash macrumors 68000

NebulaClash

Read more than 100 novels on it (so far).

Greatest reading device I've ever seen.