Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

YS2003

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Dec 24, 2004
Finally I have arrived.....
I love making some eggs in a basket. I use butter on it when I cook it though.

Making_eggs_in_basket.jpg

Do you eat them all in one sitting? Many nutritionists say 4 eggs a day could contribute to high cholesterol.

YS2003

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Dec 24, 2004
Finally I have arrived.....
67321clok3.gif

Boca Meatless Burgers. They taste almost like real burgers minus the fat and take less than 3 minutes to make.

picture3cb8.png

It seems this one fits my bill. I will pick one up when I go to a grocery shop. They use soy as the main ingredient; so, it has protein to contribute to the recommended daily intake.

savar

macrumors 68000
Jun 6, 2003
District of Columbia
I don't like cooking with grill or oven because it takes too much of my time. I want to shove things in the microwave and time it for 3 min and get it done with it. I admit I am an anti-Christ for food culture. Can someone recommend the recipe based on this requirement? I don't like restaurants; so, I prefer pick things up at supermarkets quickly.
Edit: Let me add "tasty" in this formula.

3 minutes? microwave? tasty? healthy? nothing....

a few millenia ago, human beings spent most of their day looking for food--like most animals in the wild.

nowadays we spend only a couple of hours preparing and eating food. as annoying as it may seem, conflicting with all the other things we want to do with our lives, don't forget that food is one of the essential ingredients to life. i like good food fast like the next person, but i think you're being unreasonable to expect a good meal in 3 minutes without getting any pans dirty.

ruutiveijari

macrumors regular
Dec 11, 2005
Hellsinki
Just out of curiosity - how much do you people eat prepared food? Or white bread?

EDIT: You can cook porridge in 3 minutes. And do it all in a microwave.

smueboy

macrumors 6502a
Oct 30, 2006
Oz
1) Walk into Boost
2) Stand in queue
3) Hand over $5
4) Collect your carrot juice

:D

Alternatively you can just juice your own, but it definitely takes more than 3 minutes.

Oh i love Boost! I miss it here in the US. :(

smueboy

macrumors 6502a
Oct 30, 2006
Oz
I love making some eggs in a basket. I use butter on it when I cook it though.

Making_eggs_in_basket.jpg

I haven't eaten that in years - my dad used to do that for me as a kid!

For me, a quick healthy bite is sliced tomato, onion (optional), white pepper or tabasco and low fat cheddar on bread/toast - grilled 'till cheese is molten!

miloblithe

macrumors 68020
Nov 14, 2003
Washington, DC
I think people need to realize that there's a lot more to nutrition than avoiding fat. Any good diet needs fat, although most people get too much, as well as too much protein. People also tend to get too many empty carbs and way too much salt. It's far more important to have fresh and less processed food than it is to avoid fat in general.

és:

macrumors 6502a
I think people need to realize that there's a lot more to nutrition than avoiding fat. Any good diet needs fat, although most people get too much, as well as too much protein. People also tend to get too many empty carbs and way too much salt. It's far more important to have fresh and less processed food than it is to avoid fat in general.

I fully agree with that. Great advice.

TequilaBoobs

macrumors 6502a
Nov 12, 2006
2 shots cod liver oil
3 cloves raw garlic
1 serving chicken breast (no oil, low sodium)
1 head of broccoli - raw or blanched
call me in the morning

Rodimus Prime

macrumors G4
Oct 9, 2006

would not be suprised on any of that. I know for a lot of people high protien is a good thing to go for. It is very imporant for people who are hypo to make sure they take in a good amount of protein with every meal to keep their blood suger levels stable. (it does not cause insulan production so the blood suger levels do not drop)

Xyl

macrumors regular
Dec 30, 2006

Really, best advice so far. If you aren't eating processed foods, and you're not 85 years of age, you really aren't going to be using too much fat when you cook yourself (unless you're deep frying everything). In others words, if you don't eat processed food (or eating out) for every meal, you can just stop worrying about food being too fatty.
Same with eggs, unless you're 85 years of age, you're not going to get high cholesterol eating a few eggs every week. It's all about moderation (yes I know, it's said a lot, but it warrants emphasis still...)

iBrandi

macrumors member
Jan 29, 2007
Pita Pizza!

Take wheat pita bread with marinara sauce and heat in the microwave for a minute and a half. I don't eat cheese but you can put cheese on it as well and it tastes like a pizza. It's great and low cal. :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.