What is this, a line of dead pixels ?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by onne2slick, Aug 5, 2010.

1. onne2slick, Aug 5, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 7, 2011

onne2slick macrumors regular

This only happens when I turn on my iPhone 4. It doesn't show up automatically, it shows up for the last 10 seconds only. Not a big deal, but just wondering what's up with this? I didn't regonize this when I first bought my iPhone 4 on July 30th.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Anyone else have this issue? Will Apple replace this?
    What is it?

2. Natesac macrumors 6502a

Natesac

3. SS109 macrumors member

4. iUser4Lyfe macrumors 6502

As others have said, its from the jailbreak.

And for future reference, if it is only there for 10 seconds, the pixels can't be dead.

5. onne2slick thread starter macrumors regular

Yay, haha thanks guys! I was speculating the jailbreak as well. Good to hear it's not from the actual hardware itself. Thanks lol. I feel like a criminal :p

6. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

Which is it? Not a big deal or will Apple replace? ;)

But your issue is resolved nonetheless, which is good because I am sure if I jailbroke my non-existent iPhone 4 then I too would be curious.

7. tehfrag macrumors newbie

This freaked me out when I rebooted right after jailbreaking, thought oh crap I just bricked my brand new iPhone.

According to planetbeing's (from the Dev-Team) twitter:

8. romeo.xk macrumors 6502a

The fist time I saw them I went nuts!!! I was using the otterbox with front and back invisible shield and I was thinking I had messed up the screen due to too much pressure on the screen...

But it is normal and nothing to worry about... If you want them gone, you can always restore... :rolleyes:

9. aleni macrumors 68020

i was shocked looking that after i jb my 3gs, but i suddenly realize that it must be something from the jailbreakme method. luckily i found this thread and knew it's just normal. :D

10. doodude macrumors regular

doodude

Yeah, I too am grateful for this thread as I noticed it after my jailbreak.
    I was sure the jailbreak was the cause I just wasn't sure if it was permanent.
    Good to know...:D

11. mad-dog-one macrumors 6502

It's your imagination. Besides, all phones do that. Get the extra wide bumper case that covers that optional part of the display and, come on man; hold the phone properly. It's a phone ... you're supposed to talk to it; not look at it.

12. Bandolier macrumors 6502a

Notice how the OP doesn't mention that he's jailbroken in the original post.

13. Rahstyles macrumors member

Rahstyles

14. onne2slick thread starter macrumors regular

Because I (also we) were soppose to know this was from jailbreak right?
    Notice this thread was a question...

15. maturola macrumors 68040

maturola

what you see is the Jailbreking code being storage on the framebuffer, that is normal and everyone who is jailbroken with JailbreakMe.com have it

16. MCRunning macrumors 6502

Did it used to do that before it was jailbreaked? ;)

17. HiFiGuy528 macrumors 68000

HiFiGuy528

It's on mine also. It went away when I restored to factory settings.

18. Julien macrumors G3

Julien

Dead pixels are black. Stuck on pixels are either red, blue or green and always stay that way. That is some type of software issue.

19. maturola macrumors 68040

maturola

Once again, this is the Jailbraking code stored on the framebuffer, nothing wrong, if you want your phone to be jailbroken, the only "public" current way is this.

20. rogueriver macrumors newbie

What is this, a line of dead pixels ?

Thanks for the person who first posted this and had a pic to go along with his explanation. That is exactly what happened to my iPhone too and I freaked out. Now I feel better that everyone is having the same problem and it's nothing to worry about. But I also read this and it said that it would fix it, I'm not sure because I haven't tried it.

Step 1: Navigate to Settings –> Safari and then clear out History, Cookies and Cache.

Step 2: Reboot your iOS device by turning it off, and then back on.

Step 3: Now try http://jailbreakme.com or http://jailbreakme.modmyi.com again.

It should work now.

Details: http://thetechjournal.com/electroni...king-with-jailbreakme-2-0.xhtml#ixzz1IipgPcyG

21. kny3twalker macrumors 65816

kny3twalker

if it only happens during bootup, then of course it is not a defect with the display.

I used this jailbreak too on my ipod touch, and its obvious this is related to jailbreaking. I do not believe this rainbow colored line even appears until a second or so into bootup.

22. wordoflife macrumors 604

wordoflife

I find that jailbreaking always does something funny to the boot up screen by adding a different logo, a weird line like that, or a spinning thing which mean its loading (so to speak).

Nice screen protector. It looks like you got it spot on. May i ask which one that is?