What is this weird app?

Discussion in 'iOS 12' started by 67952, Sep 17, 2018.

1. 67952 Suspended

After installing iOS 12 I was looking through the new ScreenTime settings and on the "Always Allowed" screen I found a weird app and app icon with a name that is just a string of numbers and letters in the "Choose Apps" list.

The icon of the app is a wireframe icon and the "app's" name begins with 3124E737....

Does anyone know what this "app" is and why it's installed on my phone?

2. gwhizkids macrumors 601

gwhizkids

It’s one of your own apps, but it’s displaying its app code. Bug.

3. Whnersmusic, Sep 25, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 25, 2018

Whnersmusic macrumors newbie

Whnersmusic

This shows up after downloading New OS 12 which has screen time added as new feature. When I go to "allowed apps" I am seeing a numerical app - long number 51982B181A5A46... This does not show in my app usage area or apps listed in main settings area - it only shows in the screen time apps allowed section (where you can add to the no-restricted downtime allows). I never downloaded a numerical app with no name or identifier! See picture of the view and see under the choose apps section where the number is showing (right under Dr. Wifi) ... IMG_2446.PNG . My question is what is this? Is it a hidden hack or something malicious on my phone?

4. katbel, Oct 23, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 23, 2018

katbel macrumors regular

katbel

I have your same issue. I tried several comparison to see if it was an hidden app but it's not
    but I figured it out:cool:
    I tried to save a Safari page as “Add to Home Screen” and there I got another weird number, deleted and the second weird number is gone. Now the hunt is open to find the other page;)

P.s. Found and deleted the second bookmark too. Apple should mark Safari pages differently
    I will request it through feedback

5. Whnersmusic macrumors newbie

Whnersmusic

--- Post Merged, Oct 23, 2018 ---
    You sir are a genius!!!! :0) I tried a test save and, sure enough, I see a new large number there. Eases my mid a great deal - props to you my friend ... thanks.

6. katbel macrumors regular

katbel

It eases my mind too..:cool:
    This crazy world are making us a little too much suspicious o_O