What is this??

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by RiceRacerDX, Jun 1, 2009.

1. RiceRacerDX macrumors 6502

So I was looking around on ChinaTrade, the site that contained the infamous next gen bezel, because I wanted to compare the current 3G bezel with the next gen bezel...when I came across this...

[​IMG]
    http://www.chinaontrade.com/apple-iphone-3g-touchscreen-with-front-lens-p-28.html

The title of this part says "Apple iPhone 3G Touchscreen with Front Lens."

The most interesting part about this picture is that if you look directly above the earpiece, you see what appears to be a front facing camera!

However, I am confused. It says it's for the iPod in the description yet it has an earpiece opening. It also claims that it is for use with the current 3G iPhone. I also began to think maybe this could be for the next gen but then again, it seems inconsistent with the leaked bezel. It does seem to be consistent with Apple's patent that they submitted...

[​IMG]

So tell me what you guys think??

2. -Ryan- macrumors 68000

Wirelessly posted (iPhone: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5H11 Safari/525.20)

It even says on the page what it is. It's just an OEM repair part for the front section of the 3g :)

3. Que macrumors 6502

thank god you answered, i read it and thought it was a trick question :D

4. Dr. Cabrera macrumors 65816

Front lens = glass

PoorEnglish does not equate to rumors, you are reading waaay to much into it

as others have stated this is just a iPhone 3G glass+ digitizer.

5. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

6. patrickdunn macrumors 6502a

patrickdunn

It is insane how many people want the front-facing camera, even though all we have is a single patent. If people wish hard enough, it may come true!:rolleyes:

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=709418

Oh, and I'll beat a dead horse. That part is for the current iPhone 3G.

And a good day to your sir.