What is up with my batteries' age?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by cjsmx65, Feb 19, 2009.

1. cjsmx65 macrumors newbie

My macbook is a week and a day old. It is the newer whitebook with nvidia and all that. Coconut battery says its 123 months old? why is this? The only thing i can think of is that apple possibly had a used macbook come in and they switched out some parts and changed it to the new one? btw it was bought new at best buy.

2. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

Maybe its an error in the battery, or the program has a small bug. Either way, if you feel uneasy about it, charge the battery all the way up to 100% and then use your battery after that and see who much it lasts. If you feel the battery doesn't stack up to a brand new battery, call Apple and ask for an exchange or replacement battery.

3. cjsmx65 thread starter macrumors newbie

i guess i forgot to mention that the battery has a capacity of 5156mah so its more than normal. Im not concerned about performance, it works fine, its just that something doesnt add up here.....

4. Scippy macrumors regular

123 months is over 10 years ago, so it is probably just a glitch .

5. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

So like I said before, maybe its a small glitch.

6. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

Yeah my computer says that too. I think Apple ran out of serial numbers, so they are restarting.

I say this because all the computers I've exchanged have had serial numbers of this similarity.