Other What is wrong with Apple video

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ABC5S, Sep 17, 2017.

1. ABC5S Suspended

ABC5S

I think this guy hit it right on the head about Apple

2. Dubdrifter macrumors regular

Dubdrifter

Either nobody cares enough at the top to listen …. or their arrogance and insecurity in upper management, where people should have the 'balls' to voice an opinion saying 'this sucks', never gets heard ….. for fear of that 'walk out of the building to the Unemployment Exchange'.

3. MacDawg macrumors Core

MacDawg

Forget the superfluous profanity this guy uses... I watched the first 2 full minutes and he never said anything of any substance or value
    Dude, if all you can say is "Apple sux" and "before you jump on my dick" and ****ing this and ****ing that... then you lost me and I can't even listen to rest of the video
    If you've got something to say, say it and stop trying to be a cool dude

4. BasicGreatGuy Contributor

BasicGreatGuy

Thanks for saving me from such empty frivolity.

5. Gathomblipoob macrumors 601

Gathomblipoob

The rest of the video was decent, though.

6. BasicGreatGuy Contributor

BasicGreatGuy

If I want incoherent cursing, I can make a social media account and peruse Facebook or the like.

My personality is such, that I won’t fast forward through all the verbal diarrhea. I will not bother with the video.

7. Gathomblipoob macrumors 601

Gathomblipoob

That's fine. I was just stating my opinion based on my experience.

Besides, I spend time on reddit. Lots of verbal diarrhea there. :D

8. MacDawg macrumors Core

MacDawg

I understand that part of it is a generational thing. I am older (not necessarily wiser, but older) and these types of video rantings have little to no appeal to me. But I realize that the younger generations communicate this way, and YouTube personalities have big followings (and there is money in it). I rarely, if ever, go to YouTube for much of anything, so I only see what gets posted here. When I click, I hope to see a reasoned and rational presentation of information, but rarely get it. Typically it is an over the top ranting filled with hyperbole and exaggerations, half truths, and a lot of opinion that is designed to create controversy or stir responses (and gain clicks). It is more schtick than content and I don't "get it".

The second half of this video may well be good, I don't know, because I didn't make it past 2:03 in the video. I thought that was giving it a fair shot since the video wasn't that long to begin with. I heard and saw nothing that made me want to continue, and I heard nothing of any value up to that point. That coupled with the profanity and gutter talk dissuaded me from continuing to let the video run.

I prolly should just avoid clicking the videos to begin with

Those are just my thoughts ツ

9. sean000 macrumors 65816

sean000

I’m sorry I spent 6 minutes giving that dude a view when I’ve already read exactly the same complaints about Apple, the notch, and FaceID months ago. I feel like I just watched a nostalgia video called “I miss the Fall 2017 version of Macrumors forums.”

I like my iPhone X and I like FaceID. The notch isn’t an issue for me. Yes I will agree that Apple has made some sloppy moves, but so have other manufacturers. It’s the way this hyper competitive market works now because the cloud and the app market make it so easy for developers to add features and improvements (as well as bug fixes) post initial release. The Apple Watch OS was the definition of beta when it was released, but within a few months the improvements from watchOS2 were dramatic. Even if it was a bumpy start, the Apple Watch is one of my favorite gadgets I have purchased... and I was buying gadgets and building my own computers before video dude was born.

Apple has said they are going to focus on improvements and bug fixes over new features for awhile. Personally my experience with iOS 11 has been fine and I appreciate many of the new features, but one thing my experience with the original watchOS release showed me was that Apple does listen and respond to customer feedback. I’ve never owned an Apple device prior to the iPhone 3G, and I still own only the iPhone X, iPad Pro and Apple Watch. I mostly use Windows on the desktop (also own a chromebook and used run Linux). I’m quite happy with the current state of iOS and watchOS.

10. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

Agreed. It made me stop the video.