What is you favorite thing about the Ipod touch?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by pete44444444, May 15, 2009.

1. pete44444444 macrumors member

2. Unspoken Demise macrumors 68040

Unspoken Demise

How super slim it is, the music interface, and cover flow.

3. statik13 macrumors regular

iTunes remote. Have 3 AEs set up at home and love being able to control music wherever I am.

4. todd2000 macrumors 68000

I love everything about my iPod touch, EXCEPT the music controls, but ya know who listens to music on their iPod anyway? :rolleyes:

5. scotty96LSC macrumors 65816

scotty96LSC

WiFi access to mail and the web, and music access all in my pocket. And No fees.

6. instaxgirl macrumors 65816

instaxgirl

What don't you like about them? I never thought a touchscreen music player was a good idea (I like to use them without having to take out pockets etc) but I actually like the iPhone and iPod touch quite a lot.

7. marcha macrumors newbie

I love that it's NOT a phone. I love that I have internet access or wifi when I want it, not when others want me to have it.

I love that I have our family's various calendars, email, various apps and internet access when I want to sit down for a coffee while I'm on the go. I love that it has my dropbox, my evernotes, my instapaper and my xmarks and that things are completely sync-able. I love that I can sit down and show my sons something on wikipedia because they're curious about something, and NOT have a friggin' monthly fee or dataplan. It's my dayplanner, organizer, information booth, entertainment system, all in one.

I love that I can let my sons play a game or watch a movie or listen to music or an audiobook or write notes or whatever while we're waiting for something - my husband and I suddenly have time to talk together without needing to get a ds or some other handheld game gadget. I love that I can listen to university podcasts to follow what I want because I am interested, and don't have to physically travel to be there. I can learn while I'm weeding the garden, for all I care.

I love how it's sleek and easy on the eye and easy to use.

I love my iPod. Dearly.

8. Brewerpaul macrumors regular

I love the beautiful execution of it's design and the device's astounding versatility. In addition to my own music, I can listen to virtually ANY type of music with Pandora. I can manage my calendar and tasks easily with Pocket Informant (highly recommended). I can fly a flight sim with x-Plane 9, do crossword puzzles, keep and use a grocery list,get satellite images of just about any place on earth,play solitaire, use a level to straighten pictures on my wall, keep family photos in my pocket to show friends,keep track of friends on facebook, check world and local newspapers,get movie times,listen to public radio, look up medications and their dosages,adverse effects,interactions while at work (hospital OR) etc,etc,etc, All on an elegantly slim device that only set me back $229. Simply amazing.

9. hellomoto4 macrumors 6502a

hellomoto4

I love the smell of it as soon as it comes out of the box :)

10. Gaelic2 macrumors 6502

I love the idea that I can get e-mail, check with my bank, get the weather online whenever I am out of town instead of dragging a laptop through the airport. The conversion apps, Stanza books while waiting for flights are just beyond good. It is a wonderful, useful device for me and it fits in my pocket!:D

11. pete44444444 thread starter macrumors member

LOL
    LMAO
    I wish I could smell that like 10 times a day, but I have only smelled it once.:cool::cool::cool:

12. michael.lauden macrumors 68020

michael.lauden

..........wtf

13. pete44444444 thread starter macrumors member

Don't wtf me!! I like smelling new i pod lol. :cool:

14. sjleworthy macrumors 65816

sjleworthy

seconds all of that!

15. DHarrisDBS34 macrumors regular

I love a lot of things about it. And once 3.0 comes out, I'll love it even more. I think the Wifi really makes it great. There are so many things you can do with it as a result. Also, the speaker on it is a good thing to have. At dinner, I hang out with friends and we all can watch the videos and listen to the songs with it (it was a little sushi place so we weren't disturbing anyone).

It's just a great piece of tech. The games on it are great. I have about a dozen games I can play while I'm waiting for a class to start, on the bus or on a long car ride, waiting in line for something, and sometimes when I'm just bored. I love it.

16. Bacong macrumors 68000

Bacong

The way everything works. Scrolling, gestures, etc. Plus of course the internet access.

17. cmichaelb macrumors 68020

cmichaelb

It's like that new car smell... :cool:

18. Chundles macrumors G4

Chundles

I like that when it's on WiFi it's a really, really, really cheap iPhone.

19. iLoveMyApple macrumors 6502a

iLoveMyApple

Oh I know! The first generation iPod touch boxes smelled so good! My first gen box lost it's "new iPod smell" :(

20. arcadeforest macrumors member

The ability to watch a movie one minute, then play a game, then listen to a song, then grab the latest weather and sports report, etc.

21. xhArRiSoNxD macrumors regular

I like the new sneaker smell =]
    But that's off topic.

22. pete44444444 thread starter macrumors member

I think apple did a great job with the user interface.

Hey cool you from San Antonio me too.:cool::cool:

23. Insulin Junkie macrumors 65816

Insulin Junkie

24. patrickdunn macrumors 6502a

patrickdunn

25. TuffLuffJimmy macrumors G3

TuffLuffJimmy

I love how ridiculously thin it is. I can't wait to pick one up again this September. I miss my first generation, but I'm sure the third generation will be a killer replacement.