Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

gauchogolfer

macrumors 603
Jan 28, 2005
American Riviera
Near my home here in France is one of the world's perfume capitals, Grasse. There are many manufacturers here which sell to big fashion houses like Dior and Versace, but they also make their own which are sold to the pubic. Two of the big ones are Fragonard and Molinard, which have been around since the mid 1800's. I like two by Molinard the best: MM and Homme III. I highly recommend them, and get lots of compliments on them :cool:

Molinard
Fragonard

jadekitty24

macrumors 65816
Oct 19, 2005
The poor section of Connecticut
For special occasions I wear "Samsara". For every day use I sometimes wear "Sand & Sable". It's really cheap and smells just like Prell shampoo. A nice light scent. But mainly I use oils, for they aren't over-powering. Usually a mix of Amber and Patchouli.

MongoTheGeek

macrumors 68040
Most perfumes and scents burn my eyes and close up my throat. Even the innocuous ones that they seem to add to every hand lotion, body powder etc are agony.

I use an unscented antiperspirant.

The only real scents that I tolerate are the food scented things. Perhaps one of the things that attracted to me initially to my wife is that she used vanilla based perfume. The girlfriend before that was almond scented.

Ish

macrumors 68020
Nov 30, 2004
UK
I can't used perfumed/scented things either because I'm allergic to them. Swollen lips in a mild case, difficulty breathing, increased heart rate etc. with a larger dose. It makes it embarassing when you have to avoid sitting next to someone. No problems with natural perfumes, flowers etc.

There's an awful shop called Lush that's opening everywhere. Can't even walk past it most of the time, and the smell drifts so far in enclosed shopping centres. Sorry, pet peeve of mine.

Suspended
Jan 18, 2005
Utter fave is Hugo Boss, mainly because it's a nostalgic smell for me. get into that later.

Hugo Boss for special occasions. Top dog.
CKone has a very delicate smell. Use around Caroline :)
Tommy Hilfiger for university, going out with mates etc.
Versace Blue Jeans, only got this at Christmas so I'm trying to find it's use. A little more bitter than the rest I find.

But yea. Hugo Boss. I used to be in a band, and the lead guitarist and our signer used it all the time. So much so when I got into guitars and bought it off the lead guy it smelt of Hugo Boss for it's life span. I sold that on to buy an SG, wish I didn't. His old Yamaha Pacifica 112M was godlike. both colour and smell :D .
you probably know the rest. I dropped out the band and 4 years later they're playing at Glastonbury and have albums out :mad:

Deodorant is just regular Lynx stuff, forget the name. but the can is orange/black. Delon moisturising cream adds a gentle white chocolate/coconut smell too.

I love good smells :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.