What is your favorite app?

pilotkid

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 22, 2006
Chandler, AZ/Chicago, IL
Just wondering what your guys favorite app is? I'm pretty new to the Mac world and i'm building up my list of app's paycheck by paycheck and i was just wondering what your guys favorite one is??? (Ex:Toast, Photoshop,ect.)
Oh ya and WHY is it your favorite????

Doctor Q

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 19, 2002
Los Angeles
We already have a number of threads about favorite applications. We're keeping a list of them here. However, most of them are about free applications, not commercial ones.

theman5725

macrumors 6502
Aug 2, 2006
Adium - Better then iChat for multiple reasons.
NeoOffice - Pretty much the same as MS Office but free
Acquisition - For those times when you want to use a P2P program this is best one out there. It's designed from ground up for OS X.

Those are the 3 main programs I use that don't come with OS X. Other then that I use Safari, iTunes, Mail, iCal, etc...

NJuul

macrumors 6502
Mar 15, 2006
Boston
QuickSilver, use it all the time (app launcher and a lot more)

And then of course all the usuals, adium, itunes, safari, iphoto....
Transmission for torrents

sunfast

macrumors 68020
Oct 14, 2005
London
Seeing as this isn't a free/shareware thread (have a look at Doctor Q's link for those) I have to say EyeTV 2. Hooked on it - completely changed the way I watch TV.

Caris

macrumors 6502a
Sep 25, 2006
Ive only had a Mac for a few days but ive heard AppZapper is good and i bought it (only £7) and it is very handy so i would have to go for that.

squirrelonfire

macrumors member
Sep 14, 2006
Saft plug in for Safari, it makes every link you open will open in a new tab instead of a new windows, extremely benefitial. Toast 7 platinum too.
You should download Serial Box too.

~Kat~

macrumors member
Apr 20, 2006
Montreal
sunfast said:
Seeing as this isn't a free/shareware thread (have a look at Doctor Q's link for those) I have to say EyeTV 2. Hooked on it - completely changed the way I watch TV.
I considered it but then discovered I couldn't get the programming on my computer because of my location. I vaguely remember hearing of something changing. I'm a bit confused as to how it works ie. local cable.

Photoshop
iTunes