• Sprint

Votes: 8 7.5%

• Total voters

Prof.

macrumors 601
Aug 17, 2007
Chicago
Verizon.

Been with them for 14 years and have never had a problem. The coverage in my area (Chicagoland) is superb. Customer service is also top notch whenever I call/visit a corporate store. You pay a high price with your checking account, though.

MistahMumford

macrumors 6502
Nov 12, 2011
SC
Verizon.

Been with them for 14 years and have never had a problem. The coverage in my area (Chicagoland) is superb. Customer service is also top notch whenever I call/visit a corporate store. You pay a high price with your checking account, though.

This.

rablat

macrumors 6502a
Oct 8, 2007
Classified NSA intel
AT&T been with them since they launched in SoCal as Pac-Bell mobile through all the name changes. Coming up on 18 years. Using this Ericsson was quite the sleek device at the time lol.

Attachments

Last edited:

KUguardgrl13

macrumors 68020
May 16, 2013
Kansas, USA
Verizon.

Seconded. My dad had an individual business plan way back (probably right around 2000 when VZW started), and my mom and brother got a shared plan ten years ago. I got added to my dad's plan in 2005. Then we combined the two plans in 2008. It's expensive, but it's worked for us. My parents also have Verizon DSL and a VOIP line for the house.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
For most their favorite carrier will primarily be the one that works for them as far as providing the coverage/speeds that they want/need, and secondarily one that provides the pricing they like, devices they like, etc., etc., etc. So could be different for different people even in the same locations, let alone different ones.

boomhower

macrumors 68000
Oct 21, 2011
Still Verizon. They have exceptional coverage in my area and stupid fast LTE. 30mpbs is common place on a daily basis. According to AT&T maps they gave vastly improved their LTE coverage but I really don't have a cheap way of testing it out. Once Verizon kill off unlimited, which I am sure they will at some point, I'll give it a shot.

iamMacPerson

macrumors 68030
Jun 12, 2011
AZ/10.0.1.1
AT&T been with them since they launched in SoCal as Pac-Bell mobile through all the name changes. Coming up on 18 years. Using this Ericsson was quite the sleek device at the time lol.
Haha! The family has been a member with Verizon since the Pac-Tel days. Pac-Tel and Pac-Bell were both started by the same company, just Pac-Tel (Airtouch> VZW) was in the 1980's/early 90's and Pac-Bell Wireless (ATT) was in the late 1990s.

As stated above, started with Pac-Tel about 22 years. After many name changes, mergers, and acquisitions, we now stand with Verizon.

Verizon has always had great coverage where I am. Customer service, well, thats a different story.

anonnymouse

macrumors regular
Dec 4, 2011
I have an iPhone 5 on AT&T and a 5s on Verizon.

In my particular area, AT&T is hands-down the speed champ. When I go to rural areas of my state where AT&T [currently] has no native coverage, the LTE on my 5s with Verizon wins over AT&T's modem-like speeds in those areas.

Everyone's mileage will vary depending on their primary phone usage area.

yeah

macrumors 6502a
Jul 12, 2011
T-Mobile.

Changing the industry all while announcing a major expansion to 310 million POPs of LTE in mid-2015.

:D

T5BRICK

macrumors G3
Aug 3, 2006
Oregon
I've had AT&T for 14 years now. Prior to that I had VoiceStream(which later became T-Mobile), but I switched because their coverage was horrible at the time(from what I hear it hasn't improved much).

wordoflife

macrumors 604
Jul 6, 2009
Although I don't use T-Mobile, they are my favorite carrier for their aggressive strategy to rebuild their network and gain subs. I honestly thought they were done for, but they really turned things around.

Prof.

macrumors 601
Aug 17, 2007
Chicago
Still Verizon. They have exceptional coverage in my area and stupid fast LTE. 30mpbs is common place on a daily basis. According to AT&T maps they gave vastly improved their LTE coverage but I really don't have a cheap way of testing it out. Once Verizon kill off unlimited, which I am sure they will at some point, I'll give it a shot.
VZW LTE is amazing. These speeds are consistent in my area.

Attachments

carjakester

macrumors 68020
Oct 21, 2013
Midwest
i guess ill say at&t because their service was pretty good and talk and web at the same time was nice, as well as being able to switch phones whenever.

i am on verizon now and the speeds are faster. sometimes i forget i can't use the data while on the phone which is a bummer.

F123D

macrumors 68040
Sep 16, 2008
Del Mar, CA
I've stuck with AT&T due to their customer service. They've always been helpful and accommodating when I've had problems or asked for discounts/credits towards my bill. Also helps to have a grandfathered plan and discount as well.

However, if I wasn't with a carrier right now, I'd probably choose T-Mobile based on value and features.

MkVsTheWorld

macrumors regular
Jan 20, 2010
Baltimore
I started cell service with Bell Atlantic Mobile and stayed with Verizon because its coverage just kept growing. While, I liked the coverage, I grew fed up with its bill shocks, monthly service increases, and decreasing customer support. As of lately, T-Mobile does a good job where I work and live. I only do prepaid service now because I refuse to sign cellular contracts anymore.