Carrier What is your favorite carrier?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Jacksonc, Apr 14, 2014.

?

What is your favorite carrier?

1. AT&T

46 vote(s)
    43.0%
  2. Verizon

23 vote(s)
    21.5%
  3. T-Mobile

30 vote(s)
    28.0%
  4. Sprint

8 vote(s)
    7.5%
  1. Jacksonc macrumors 6502

Jacksonc

What is your favorite carrier? AT&T, Verizon, Sprint, or T-mobile?

2. MistahMumford macrumors 6502

MistahMumford

3. Prof. macrumors 601

Prof.

Verizon.

Been with them for 14 years and have never had a problem. The coverage in my area (Chicagoland) is superb. Customer service is also top notch whenever I call/visit a corporate store. You pay a high price with your checking account, though.

4. MistahMumford macrumors 6502

MistahMumford

This.

5. rablat, Apr 14, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 14, 2014

rablat macrumors 6502a

rablat

AT&T been with them since they launched in SoCal as Pac-Bell mobile through all the name changes. Coming up on 18 years. Using this Ericsson was quite the sleek device at the time lol.

Attached Files:

6. KUguardgrl13 macrumors 68020

KUguardgrl13

Seconded. My dad had an individual business plan way back (probably right around 2000 when VZW started), and my mom and brother got a shared plan ten years ago. I got added to my dad's plan in 2005. Then we combined the two plans in 2008. It's expensive, but it's worked for us. My parents also have Verizon DSL and a VOIP line for the house.

7. C DM macrumors Westmere

For most their favorite carrier will primarily be the one that works for them as far as providing the coverage/speeds that they want/need, and secondarily one that provides the pricing they like, devices they like, etc., etc., etc. So could be different for different people even in the same locations, let alone different ones.

8. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

Were you including Sprint, just as a joke or to be complete? :D

9. boomhower macrumors 68000

boomhower

Still Verizon. They have exceptional coverage in my area and stupid fast LTE. 30mpbs is common place on a daily basis. According to AT&T maps they gave vastly improved their LTE coverage but I really don't have a cheap way of testing it out. Once Verizon kill off unlimited, which I am sure they will at some point, I'll give it a shot.

10. Jacksonc thread starter macrumors 6502

Jacksonc

I thought people would use Sprint... :confused:

11. Shrink macrumors G3

Shrink

Verizon.

Great LTE coverage, good tech support, no problems.

12. michaelsviews macrumors 65816

AT&T because of the 25% discount I get through work

13. iamMacPerson macrumors 68030

iamMacPerson

Haha! The family has been a member with Verizon since the Pac-Tel days. Pac-Tel and Pac-Bell were both started by the same company, just Pac-Tel (Airtouch> VZW) was in the 1980's/early 90's and Pac-Bell Wireless (ATT) was in the late 1990s.

As stated above, started with Pac-Tel about 22 years. After many name changes, mergers, and acquisitions, we now stand with Verizon.

Verizon has always had great coverage where I am. Customer service, well, thats a different story.

14. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

I'm just joking with you! :)

Sprint is my carrier, but I can't say at all that it's my favorite. Far from it. I tolerate it, but it in general works for me. Right now anyway. Past September, we'll see.

P.S, yes everyone,, the one vote for Sprint up there is mine, LOL!

15. anonnymouse macrumors regular

I have an iPhone 5 on AT&T and a 5s on Verizon.

In my particular area, AT&T is hands-down the speed champ. When I go to rural areas of my state where AT&T [currently] has no native coverage, the LTE on my 5s with Verizon wins over AT&T's modem-like speeds in those areas.

Everyone's mileage will vary depending on their primary phone usage area.

16. yeah macrumors 6502a

yeah

T-Mobile.

Changing the industry all while announcing a major expansion to 310 million POPs of LTE in mid-2015.

:D

17. StuddedLeather macrumors 6502a

Been with AT&T since 2007 with the first iPhone. . . .

I'm still here with no plans of leaving.

18. T5BRICK macrumors 604

T5BRICK

I've had AT&T for 14 years now. Prior to that I had VoiceStream(which later became T-Mobile), but I switched because their coverage was horrible at the time(from what I hear it hasn't improved much).

19. wordoflife macrumors 604

wordoflife

Although I don't use T-Mobile, they are my favorite carrier for their aggressive strategy to rebuild their network and gain subs. I honestly thought they were done for, but they really turned things around.

20. Prof. macrumors 601

Prof.

VZW LTE is amazing. These speeds are consistent in my area.

Attached Files:

21. carjakester macrumors 68020

carjakester

i guess ill say at&t because their service was pretty good and talk and web at the same time was nice, as well as being able to switch phones whenever.

i am on verizon now and the speeds are faster. sometimes i forget i can't use the data while on the phone which is a bummer.

22. F123D macrumors 68040

F123D

I've stuck with AT&T due to their customer service. They've always been helpful and accommodating when I've had problems or asked for discounts/credits towards my bill. Also helps to have a grandfathered plan and discount as well.

However, if I wasn't with a carrier right now, I'd probably choose T-Mobile based on value and features.

23. MkVsTheWorld macrumors regular

I started cell service with Bell Atlantic Mobile and stayed with Verizon because its coverage just kept growing. While, I liked the coverage, I grew fed up with its bill shocks, monthly service increases, and decreasing customer support. As of lately, T-Mobile does a good job where I work and live. I only do prepaid service now because I refuse to sign cellular contracts anymore.

24. Ajones330 macrumors 6502a

Ajones330

At&t simply because I've been with them since I was 19. Haven't let me down yet...

25. lunaoso macrumors 65816

lunaoso

Currently on verizon, but voted for tmobile, as I like what they've been doing.