What is your favourite toilet paper?

bousozoku

Moderator emeritus
Original poster
Jun 25, 2002
Gone but not forgotten.
I've seen all these great threads about likes and dislikes and I thought that I would start one that's near and dear to my...ummmm...heart: toilet paper.

I really like Charmin but not as much as when they made it in various colours. I think u could get pink or blue or green to match ur toilet. There were health concerns so they went back to plain, old white.

Anyway, I'm sure everyone has a preference.

Mitthrawnuruodo

Moderator emeritus
Mar 10, 2004
Bergen, Norway
I prefer any cheap and solid 2 layer type. Need something durable for a good wiping... :D

I hate the more expensive, softer type, that only leaves a mess with small pieces of paper everywhere. :mad:

We really, really need some news now... :rolleyes:

Blue Velvet

Moderator emeritus
Jul 4, 2004
Funny you should mention this. It's been an ongoing concern.

Went to a friend's place, went to the loo and just had to ask them what their comfy loo-paper was. Reply?

Andrex Aloe Vera...

Lovely soft thick stuff... until it started to continually block the toilet necessitating the investment in a toilet plunger. The stuff doesn't shred or dissolve at all...

So it's back to the bog-standard white Andrex.

Lacero

macrumors 604
Jan 20, 2005
Re-useable plastic moist towelettes. The same ones used to wrap pastries, only these come in rolls. What a weird thread topic :-\

dcv

macrumors G3
May 24, 2005
CanadaRAM said:
Dell special offer flyers which arrive daily...
Careful... you might end up with Intel inside :p

Has to be Quilted Velvet for my bum. This really is a strange topic!!

dubbz

macrumors 68020
Sep 3, 2003
Alta, Norway
I know what is NOT my favorite toilet paper. Some kind of swedish brand (at least the text was in swedish), with a stupid squirrel on it advertising some kind of competition. It got on my nerves reading that text almost every day. I should've the packaging away, but I didn't! And I kept buying it again and again. I have no idea why. Maybe it was something in the paper, that was absorbed through the skin?

It's EVIL! Aaaaarggghhhhh!!!

Edit: Here's even a picture of the package.

They've very cleverly removed the text from the images they post on the net. Those bastards.

Jaffa Cake

macrumors Core
Aug 1, 2004
The City of Culture, Englandshire
Blue Velvet said:
Andrex Aloe Vera... Lovely soft thick stuff... until it started to continually block the toilet necessitating the investment in a toilet plunger. The stuff doesn't shred or dissolve at all...
I've heard a lot of people say exactly the same thing about Charmin. Sorry bousozoku! ;)

Chubypig

macrumors 6502
Aug 30, 2004
Definitely Charmin. My dad used to work for the advertising company that did Charmin and the spin off White Cloud (or something) and he always wanted them to use the saying "We work ours off to keep yours clean." :D

Edit: I love the adds at the bottom! :p

EGT

macrumors 68000
Sep 4, 2003
What's ... what's going on? Toilet paper?

You guys are hilarious! :D

bousozoku

Moderator emeritus
Original poster
Jun 25, 2002
Gone but not forgotten.
EGT said:
What's ... what's going on? Toilet paper?

You guys are hilarious! :D
I figured it would get down to this at some point, eventually. I just decided to skip a few steps. I've been decidedly derisive of the various threads already out there, so this pretty much says what I'm thinking. :D :eek:

dcv

macrumors G3
May 24, 2005
dubbz said:
It's EVIL! Aaaaarggghhhhh!!!
Edit: Here's even a picture of the package.
That really is an evil-looking squirrel!! I'm pissing myself laughing at the close-up you posted.

(edit: ^^ "pissing myself laughing"... quick, pass the toilet paper... :p )

Applespider

macrumors G4
Plain white Andrex... the old London drains don't like the heavy-duty quilted stuff.

Although I did buy some Charmin Ultra packs last year in gratitude for sponsoring the nicest portaloos I have ever seen during the Superbowl. On a cold, wet night in Houston in February, coming across these heated loos with hot water and lots of toilet paper was heaven!

Attachments

pivo6

macrumors 68000
Dec 2, 2002
Minnesota
Any cheap 2 ply is fine with me. While the quilted ones are nice to the touch, I hate "flushing my money down the toilet." ;)

fistful

macrumors 6502a
Mar 29, 2004
Socan
You know I'm not all too particular when it comes to tp. As long at it has more than one ply and isn't the texture of paper I'm good. :cool: