What is your feeling on NO battery % indicator?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by DotCom2, Nov 5, 2017.

1. DotCom2 macrumors 601

I really miss the battery percent indicator on the X. I have to keep swiping down to check it. I guess I'm just OCD about it but it does really bug me. So far, that is the one thing that bugs me the MOST. The other is not knowing which end of the phone is UP when I first pick it up! LOL!

2. flat five macrumors 603

flat five

the battery icon is a little bigger on the X and you can get a general indication of how much charge it has without seeing a numerical percentage written

sort of a non issue (imo)

3. jimmy_uk macrumors 6502a

jimmy_uk

I also miss it. They need to adopt the android way of being able to have a battery icon with numbers inside it.

4. BasicGreatGuy Contributor

BasicGreatGuy

Doesn't bother me at all. A Quick swipe down and I can see the percentage. No big deal.

5. google macrumors regular

6. OneMike macrumors 603

OneMike

Once they added widget I turned it off even in my 7 Plus. If I need percentages I can go to once place for phone, watch, headphones, etc.

I get sole will miss it. Would be nice if they had a percentage only option rather than both as in the past.

7. KingslayerG5 Suspended

KingslayerG5

Less being OCD about battery %. You will no longer watch it like a hawk.

8. xfusejc macrumors 6502

I’m using the battery widget, but I do wish they would put the % inside the battery itself if you wanted the indicator.

9. Sean76 macrumors 6502a

Sean76

It’s annoying and I miss it!
    Anyone who doesn’t use it will say get over it, but than again we’re talking Apple heads so if Apple said it’s ok to not have it, well it’s ok than

10. bambooshots macrumors 65816

bambooshots

Not my preference but I'm indifferent about it.

If I really need to know I just pull down control center.

11. KingslayerG5 Suspended

KingslayerG5

It's just one swipe down on the right ear. Android's default notification shade is the same way on Pixels.

I don't mind either way. If hidden, I won't study the percentage like a hawk timing every 1% drain. If it shows like on my LGs, that's cool too. I can adapt with either or.

12. myscrnnm macrumors 65816

myscrnnm

I personally miss it. I’ve tried using past iPhones with the percentage omitted, but found that it wasn’t for me. Now I’m constantly opening up the Control Center to monitor my battery level. Hope it comes back in an update.

13. DiveKitty macrumors 6502

I have never been too concerned about percentage. I have access to plug ins or portable chargers once I get a low battery alert. I plug in at night as routine. Plus it is easy to see the % with a swipe if you want to.

14. Cryates macrumors 68020

Cryates

I love it. I never used it before, but I like having the quick access to see the %.

15. boast macrumors 65816

boast

16. zemaker macrumors regular

17. JonnyIreland macrumors 6502a

JonnyIreland

I always deliberately kept the percentage option off on my previous iPhones, because I find that I would contantly “worry” (relatively speaking!) about the percentage, “oh look it’s down to 75% already”.... I would get paranoid about the battery life instead of just enjoying the phone.

18. Mr.C macrumors 601

I must say I always had it on in my previous iPhones as I was always monitoring it especially at work where I can’t just plug it in to charge.

I guess I will just have to get use to it and swipe down to bring up control centre to check it.

19. jamin00 macrumors 6502a

jamin00

At first I thought it was a mistake for Apple to leave it out but I have found thus far it’s not too much of a problem as the bar seems quite accurate and smooth rather than a few blocks representing 25% each or something so atm I’m not to worried now

20. Gryzor macrumors 6502a

Why say there is NO battery percentage indicator when there clearly IS a battery percentage indicator? Oh, you mean on the home screen?! I think that the picture of the battery with its colour coding, and iOS itself letting you know when you are at 20% then 10% etc., isn't that enough? Why people get obsessed about battery percentage is beyond me. Buy a dumber phone, one with a bigger battery, or a battery back and carry that around all day as well.

21. Laryl macrumors 6502a

Laryl

I read you can still turn that on, but ignored it because I just set my widget to Batteries, with a swipe I see percentages of my phone and watch..best of both worlds.

22. JPack macrumors 601

JPack

It's like having to swipe if I want to know the exact time. Yes, I can guess by looking at the position of the sun, but it shouldn't be necessary.

The battery indicator should have the option of being replaced by digits.

23. mattopotamus macrumors G5

mattopotamus

I haven’t used it in a while. I’ve always turned it off and use the battery widget if need be.