What is your security stack???

Discussion in 'OS X Yosemite (10.10)' started by geekycheesecake, Nov 16, 2018.

1. geekycheesecake, Nov 16, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 24, 2018

geekycheesecake macrumors newbie

geekycheesecake

So, I am using Macbook Pro MD 101 on Mac with MAC Yosemite with remote desktop of windows (required for work) but work place IT department has created all windows environment . When I was hit by wanna cry I was sure that I want to cry no more and switch to Apple Eco Sys. All my holy data was lost and I was lost what to do. Then came the era I was all apple. So I am keeping this security stack.

1password (previous using lastpass because it was free but no security)
    Malware bytes
    Self made DO VPN maybe

So, I wanted your guys input on that. What do you think?

Edit: I have also been given the option to opt for Bitdefender and Norton which is the best ?

2. chrfr macrumors 604

If you're really concerned about security, you need to upgrade your operating system. Yosemite hasn't received a security update in over a year.

3. Mr. Heckles macrumors 6502

Mr. Heckles

I saw your post and just found out El Capitan lost support this past August, time for a new computer.

4. geekycheesecake thread starter macrumors newbie

geekycheesecake

Yes I has. I asked the I.T department about updating it to Mojave. They say it is not supported. I doubt that
    --- Post Merged, Nov 24, 2018 ---
    I not so much concerned about security. If you ask me I won't even install an antivirus on macbook for windows it is a different story. It is just company it policy to use antivirus, password manager and vpn . Without that you cannot use your laptop or macbooks.