What kind of Mac does Jobs use?

mwxiao

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 5, 2007
CT
Pretty much it's a Mac Pro.

Does he update his hardware everytime there is an update? If so, that would be a pain since transfering lots of secret files is not a easy task.

If not, it seems wierd not to use the most updated hardware available...

Just curious...

Reflow

macrumors 68000
Mar 30, 2005
NJ/PHL

Does he update his hardware everytime there is an update? If so, that would be a pain since transfering lots of secret files is not a easy task.

Just curious...
Why don't you just email him and ask (sjobs@mac.com) :D

neven

macrumors 6502a
Oct 10, 2006
Portland, OR

Just curious...
I'm sure he upgrades his work (and home) machines only once the hardware is in the final, stable stage. Prior to that, he probably tests it as an additional machine. It's not that hard to mirror one's setup on a new computer, and since he probably uses a Mac Pro, as you said, he can just transfer his drive to the new machine.

I'm sure that Apple's desktop support personnel, who handle issues such as this, are on top of it, especially the people who service Steve's computer.

AutumnSkyline

macrumors regular
Oct 5, 2006
"We stood up here a year ago today, and promised you this *PICTURE OF 3 GHz G5 POWERMAC*" "I know a lot of you would like to have a G5 in your Powerbooks[STEVE'STHOUGHTS]Like me[/STEVE'STHOUGHTS]"

hahahaha I could picture that.:apple::D

mr_matalino

macrumors 6502a
Oct 14, 2005
Why transfer files yourself when you have thousands of employees to do it for you! :)

CalBoy

macrumors 604
May 21, 2007

Just curious...
I think he has many computers; a notebook with a few desktops around the office and at home are very likely. He also probably has the most up-to-date hardware around.

Just curious about one thing myself: why didn't you post this in the "Apple/Industry" sub-forum? It makes a lot more sense there. Unless you are planning on buying whatever computer Jobs has himself:p

c.joe.go

macrumors regular
Apr 15, 2007
the nexus of the universe
i am pretty sure sj uses only alienware systems. i would imagine that their clean simple lines and colors make it hard for him to use anything else. i am also fairly certain that he uses vista, he really seemed in awe of bill gates when they interviewed together.

ps: steve's favorite game is wow.

(honestly, he probably rotates through systems. like a father loves all his children, steve loves all of his mac products...... except that damn redheaded-stepchild-mac mini..... jobs to designers: "seriously guys, wtf")