Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jedolley

macrumors 68000
Sep 18, 2009
Just received this from Power Support

Dear Valued Customer,
We will have all of our iPad accessories live and ready to purchase on the website on Friday April 23rd! **Thanks for your patience and support!
Justin Alonso ********************************************************************************************************************************

They are now available on their site for purchase. $24.95 + approx $8 shipping (UPS Ground or USPS Priority) to my zip. The shipping is a bit high IMO, considering the packaging and the only thing included is the film itself.

Euthyphro

macrumors newbie
Jul 2, 2004
While the screen shots are somewhat helpful, keep in mind the pitch resolution (PPI) on the ipad/iphone screen is tighter (more dense) than the ipad so that may create the sense of better clarity rather than the protective film itself.

I tried to show what I saw about sgp af on my ipad and ps anti-glare on my ipod touch. These photos are taken by my iphone. It may not be the same to see screen directly and see the photos, but I hope it may somehow reflect my experience. Generally speaking, sgp is less grainy but more blur. If PS for ipad can provide me what I saw on my ipod touch, I will choose PS.

ph0n33z

macrumors newbie
Apr 30, 2010
BSE Disappointment

Alright,

I installed the BestSkinsEver (BSE) full body shield on Tuesday. It was incredibly easy to install. I was very impressed by how quickly the bubbles squeezed out with just slight pressure. There were some bubbles around the Apple Logo, but that is to be expected I think. The back looks flawless as do the sides. I really like the grip it gives to the otherwise slippery slate aluminium.

Now for the bad part............the front sucks. Period. I really wanted to like it and I was holding out for 3 days to make sure it was completely cleared up, but it never did. The smears went away but there are literally thousands of these microscopic bubbles all over the screen. It gives that rainbow effect when you are on a white screen and makes it unreadable outside. Needless to say, I am very disappointed. The feel of it is very nice, but the problems outweigh the benefits. I am going to be returning it ASAP.

Now I just need to decide what to replace it with.

teerexx52

macrumors 68020
May 1, 2005
Florida West Coast
Alright,

I installed the BestSkinsEver (BSE) full body shield on Tuesday. It was incredibly easy to install. I was very impressed by how quickly the bubbles squeezed out with just slight pressure. There were some bubbles around the Apple Logo, but that is to be expected I think. The back looks flawless as do the sides. I really like the grip it gives to the otherwise slippery slate aluminium.

Now for the bad part............the front sucks. Period. I really wanted to like it and I was holding out for 3 days to make sure it was completely cleared up, but it never did. The smears went away but there are literally thousands of these microscopic bubbles all over the screen. It gives that rainbow effect when you are on a white screen and makes it unreadable outside. Needless to say, I am very disappointed. The feel of it is very nice, but the problems outweigh the benefits. I am going to be returning it ASAP.

Now I just need to decide what to replace it with.

I had a BSE as well. Have used them on Apple devices for a long time with no problem. For my ipad the back went on very well but as with you the front was a nightmare. No way the bubbles would go away after days. I emailed them and they said they would send me another. That was well over a week ago but I have not yet received anything. I have several other brands here. Waiting for my 3g ipad. Will try one when it arrives and report back

ph0n33z

macrumors newbie
Apr 30, 2010
I had a BSE as well. Have used them on Apple devices for a long time with no problem. For my ipad the back went on very well but as with you the front was a nightmare. No way the bubbles would go away after days. I emailed them and they said they would send me another. That was well over a week ago but I have not yet received anything. I have several other brands here. Waiting for my 3g ipad. Will try one when it arrives and report back

Thanks for posting. I sure hope they give me a refund. I did notice, however, that on the front I used a soap + water solution whereas with the back I used the leftover Zagg solution I had from my iPod touch. Maybe the soap is causing the problems?Let me know how they work.

Which other skins do you have?

teerexx52

macrumors 68020
May 1, 2005
Florida West Coast
Thanks for posting. I sure hope they give me a refund. I did notice, however, that on the front I used a soap + water solution whereas with the back I used the leftover Zagg solution I had from my iPod touch. Maybe the soap is causing the problems?Let me know how they work.

Which other skins do you have?

A zagg, SGP, and a few cheap ones from HHI

demstav

macrumors newbie
May 3, 2010
What is the best LCD Protection film?

Hi guys. I would love to get your opinion on LCD Protection films for the ipad. Which one do you think is the best and why?
thanks

barkomatic

macrumors 601
Aug 8, 2008
Manhattan
In my opinion, Powersupport is the best screen protector any Apple mobile device. You can't really tell that its on--feels just like the glass and does not degrade the touch response of your iPad.

Mshilling

macrumors regular
Apr 30, 2010
I got a 3 pack from HHI (lots of people complaining about their products here) and although it took me using all 3 to get one that had no dust underneath (my maid was off yesterday :rolleyes:) . It is totally clear and you cant tell its there at all. It is not the anti glare one (I dont want to know its there) and I am very happy with it.

Chupa Chupa

macrumors G5
Jul 16, 2002
The cheapest one you can pick up one eBay. Why? It's cheap and all this stuff comes out of the same China factory, just in different wrappers. People will tell you more expensive protectors are better -- they just need to justify the fact they spend $15 more than they had to spend.

Beau10

macrumors 65816
Apr 6, 2008
US based digital nomad
The cheapest one you can pick up one eBay. Why? It's cheap and all this stuff comes out of the same China factory, just in different wrappers. People will tell you more expensive protectors are better -- they just need to justify the fact they spend $15 more than they had to spend.

Wholeheartedly agree. Still, there are those who say they've tried multiple brands and there is a difference. I say placebo. I used to have the PS clear on my original iPhone and it was great. But over the years I've seen various other iPhones with various other screen protectors and really, they were exactly the same material when you compared them back to back.

That PowerSupport are declared the best is probably a social engineering thing simply based on the fact that they were carried in the Apple store.

When you think this through, there is zero R&D costs for these things. The various companies that sell them certainly don't have materials engineers on staff that concoct new 'formulas'. There seem to be 3 types people can buy - the clear static cling, the matte static cling, and the more rubbery type sticker clear. The latter is probably not designed for optics but for basic scratch resistance. These materials were all likely designed by military contractors years ago for applications having nothing to do with consumer electronics.

You're paying 99% for packaging materials and marketing.

ph0n33z

macrumors newbie
Apr 30, 2010
After one week of use, I still am not happy with the BSE front skin. The microbubbles have gone away a little bit, but are still terrible looking in the sun. Also, I have noticed that there are a lot of scratches and dents on the screen. Overall, it just makes the screen look old and dirty. It is coming off and I am getting a refund.

I may get the HHI skins because they are cheap and if I don't like them, I only wasted $8. Will report back.

teerexx52

macrumors 68020
May 1, 2005
Florida West Coast
After one week of use, I still am not happy with the BSE front skin. The microbubbles have gone away a little bit, but are still terrible looking in the sun. Also, I have noticed that there are a lot of scratches and dents on the screen. Overall, it just makes the screen look old and dirty. It is coming off and I am getting a refund.

I may get the HHI skins because they are cheap and if I don't like them, I only wasted $8. Will report back.

I have tried quite a few myself. I like the NuVue from OWC. Only $10 and went on easily. Does not help with glare but I did not want it for that

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.