What kind of statement does the iPhone make?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by wonderbread57, Aug 5, 2008.

?

What kind of statment does using an iPhone make to the public?

1. I got money b*tches, M-O-N-E-Y!

30 vote(s)
    24.6%
  2. I'm too sexy for my iPhone, too sexy for my iPhone

10 vote(s)
    8.2%
  3. I'm a somewhat vein, anti-social geek with money to burn. Come beat me up

37 vote(s)
    30.3%
  4. Other [please post]

45 vote(s)
    36.9%
  1. wonderbread57 macrumors 6502

What kind an impression do iPhone users make on the public? iPhone owners, go ahead and guess, non iPhone owners tell us what you think.

1. I got money b*tches, M-O-N-E-Y!
    2. I'm too sexy for my iphone to sexy for my iphone
    3. I'm a somewhat vein, anti-social geek with money to burn. come beat me up
    4. Other [please post]

2. Sincereh2001 macrumors member

It says I want email and web access on the go and I always take my iPod, so you might as well put it all on my phone so I won't have to go back in the house when I realize that I've forgotten one of them (which I always used to do).

It also says I'm cool :D

3. revenuee macrumors 68020

revenuee

how about

I don't feel like wearing a utility belt or having my pockets bulging with my music player, cellphone, orginizer, and digital camera? <-- or carrying a bag around with all that stuff + individual media cards for storage + all the chargers when I go away.

all three of the options in the post say the same thing.

and that is:

" I'm insecure and care what people think. I would love nothing more then people to see how I don't blink when spending $xx. "

best

4. pj rage macrumors 6502

I think that most people are of the opinion of either a) wow this person only bought that phone to think they're cool, or b) wow, that person only bought that phone to show off how much money they have. But mostly a).

I honestly think most people don't understand exactly what makes the phone any different than the other billion phones out there and their misunderstanding leads them to have negative feelings toward you. With the increasing amount of iphone sales, I'm hoping this will change, though, and I think it already is to a point.

5. Sincereh2001 macrumors member

That too! :D

6. fireshot91 macrumors 601

fireshot91

it says that its my homie....

"Ring ring with the iPhone it was my homie!"

7. Sobe macrumors 68000

Sobe

I really don't care what people think...it's not like it's a rare phone or anything.

And at $200 it's not like you have to be rich to own one.

8. daneoni macrumors G4

daneoni

Exactly!...who gives a **** what people think. I still dont get the need for society to label every single thing and classify it. For blackberry users it's "corporate drone who cant do anything but work", for apple products its "trying to be cool/hip or white drone". How about i bought because of the benefits its functions afford me

I got an iPhone for the combination of MP3 player, email checker, web surfer, and phone functions all under a very simplified UI in a slick/slim package that doesn't make my pants sag when i put it in. The end.

Also people tend to think the phone is a HIGH end product when in fact as it stands its very accessible

9. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

Well said, and I agree completely.:D

10. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

"I'm a somewhat vein, anti-social geek with money to burn. Come beat me up and take my iPhone!":D

11. iViet macrumors member

the iphone is a cool, convenient, sexy and fun phone.............but it's just a phone. it aint gonna make or break you. it aint a bentley or something, lol. but the plans are steep, i got the family plan. :mad: i love apple!!

12. SandersHokie macrumors 6502

i just love technology. The iPhone is an all in one phone, which is why i switched from verizon to AT&T. It isn't that much money, so I don't see why it says you are rich. plus, i don't care what people think when i use it. I love the iPhone!

13. 645ci macrumors member

In all seriousness,

Pending on how you dress, it either means " I am too rich" or " i am an apple fan boy", thank god I wear a suit most of the time :p:

Disclaimer - wearing a $300 suit won't get you into the "I am too rich " category :D

14. dquattlebum macrumors member

I hate having to carry my personal phone for calls, my work pda for email, and my ipod for music. Now I can get it all in 1 phone...

Music, E-mail, Calendar, Contacts, Internet all at the touch of my fingertips...

Oh and it screams, "I'm better than you..."

;);)

15. Small White Car macrumors G4

Small White Car

It says:

"I grew up wishing I lived in the 24th century, and now I can."

There's nothing better than living your childhood dream. I respect anyone who can say that.

Attached Files:

16. albeli macrumors 6502

albeli

"Vein"? I think you meant "vain."

Love that Picard pic. I think I'll have to go with that.

17. Flhusky macrumors 6502a

Flhusky

+1
    I mean the Treo 7xx series is like $199 normaly, what ever the current Crackberry model is like $199 so inital expense isn't a issue

Same for service contract, 2 yr + data plan applies for most smart/PDAs.
    As for looks, yeah hard to be a seksay as da iPhone, as long as you dont hide it in a case.

18. drakeshipway macrumors 6502

drakeshipway

it says: "I wanted a good phone, so I got one" thanks steven :apple:

19. wonderbread57 thread starter macrumors 6502

you can has phone but first vote!

+ Quality answers BTW

20. nfg315 macrumors regular

nfg315

when i read the title of this post, my first thought was "oh great, there are probably going to be a ton of responses just like this one..."

fact of the matter is other people see you with the phone and probably think you are a big douchebag, or that you think you are really cool or something, sucks but thats the kind of stigma it carries...sometimes im a little embarassed to take mine out, like im showing off or something, but whatever, the more people that have them, the better it will get...i love the phone and ill keep using it regardless

21. hierobryan macrumors 6502a

I was sitting on the bus this morning on my way to work, eyes closed, listening to some relaxing music, when some hoodlum looking guy asks to use my iphone to call his cousin. Right away I said no. No way am I letting a stranger use my iphone...even if on a bus.

I picked option #3.

22. umop apisdn macrumors member

umop apisdn

23. kdawg macrumors regular

kdawg

It says,
    I like gadgets. Especially when it's p0w3nd

24. maddan macrumors regular