What Lines?

marc55

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 14, 2011
Went to my local Best Buy a 9:55 this morning and there were about 15 folks in line; only about 10 for the iPad.

Was out of the store by 10:30

Setting up now

master-ceo

macrumors 65816
Sep 7, 2007
The SUN
I'm still waiting on fedex. lol The apple store is only 10 mins from my house too. Oh well. Think I might swing by this evening and buy another smart cover.

newdeal

macrumors 68020
Oct 21, 2009

Preorders man. I preordered one butthen bestbuy was open and had them in stock with no line so i picked one up and will return the one i preordered once it arrives. I had a gift card for $170 at beatbuy so i figured why not

Educ8r

macrumors 6502a
Jul 2, 2007
4th largest city in the USA
Target

I walked straight into target and picked up a 64 gb wifi with a $60 gift card and saved an extra 5% with my Target card. There was only one person in front of me. The Best Buy store beside Target had about 15 people in line waiting for the store to open.

Papillo

macrumors member
Aug 13, 2009
Preorders man. I preordered one butthen bestbuy was open and had them in stock with no line so i picked one up and will return the one i preordered once it arrives. I had a gift card for $170 at beatbuy so i figured why not
Plus reward zone pts. I have gift cards at apple, if not i would have bought at Best buy. heck they even offer interest free for 18mths on their cc.

Cingular

macrumors regular
Jul 26, 2011
I have over 1k in Best Buy Gift cards and the only reason i didn't pre order. Looks like I will be getting mine today without having to wait in line

Jason S.

macrumors 6502a
Jul 23, 2007
Pennsylvania
What could the other 5 people possibly be lined up for?

:confused:
When I worked at Best Buy, this always baffled me. People would line up almost everyday. Sundays, especially, because that's when the new "sales" start. I worked in the computer department, and half the time the computers in the ad were not even "on sale," just advertised.

When the HP Touchpad was $99 and $149, the lines were huge. I talked to a few people in line, and I was surprised how many people actually didn't even know what exactly they were lining up for -- they just heard this thing that was $300/$400 was now $100, and thought it was a good deal because they heard about it from friends... :confused:

diane143

macrumors 6502a
Oct 25, 2008
Hoping my local store still has some after work. When I called this morning to confirm using cash/gift cards, I asked about them selling out and she tactfully said "we have a good supply". I then asked if I could call before driving out to see if they still had 64gb in stock and she said they couldn't give out inventory over the phone. Going to be so bummed if I drive out and they don't have any, so I'll try to call anyway.

Stopped by the closes Verizon as well, and they didn't have ANY 64gb in stock nor would they take my amex gift cards and cash, without a circular way of converting them to Verizon gift cards/

tsekh

macrumors member
Apr 13, 2010
If you don't want to wait for Fedex, just go in store and buy one and return the fedex one when it comes.

dgdosen

macrumors 68000
Dec 13, 2003
Seattle
15 minutes at my Apple Store

I arrived at my local Apple store at 8:15 AM (UVillage Seattle) - and the line was already moving pretty quickly. I got a parking spot right in front (thank you early risers), enjoyed a complimentary cup of coffee, bantered with people in line for about 5 minutes and walked in.

Then, after high-fiving five blue-shirted employees, out with a 32GB Black and back in my car by 8:30. The line was gone by then.

Delivery Schmelivery