Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ajohnson253

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jun 16, 2008
macbook, macbook pro, macbook air

why did you choose that specific one?

why did you choose 2.4GHZ, or 2.6 or 1.6 etc etc

what makes your Mac you?

VSMacOne

macrumors 603
Oct 18, 2008
Unibody MB 2.4 . My first Mac. It was love at first sight. Ordered it as it came out. Wanted to move away from Windows, and needed something more portable than my previous Toshiba (this is why I went with the MB over the MBP). LOVE LOVE the screen (yes the glossiness and black bezel look AWESOME) the trackpad, the lit keys and just the overall feel of the unibody.

dubhe

macrumors 65816
May 1, 2007
Norwich, UK
MBA Rev.B 1.6 HDD, I like the fact not everyone has it, I like the fact it is built to a specification, not a price. It also reflects the fact I don't do anything that intensive :D

yoppie

macrumors 6502a
Oct 19, 2007
I have a 2GHz Core Duo MacBook (Black).

I chose it because I needed a laptop for graduate school and knew I didn't want something too heavy. I picked the color black because I thought it looked better than the white MacBooks. :)

GfulDedFan

macrumors 65816
Oct 17, 2007
Indiana
I have a 2GHz Core Duo MacBook (White).

I chose it because I needed a laptop for work and knew I didn't want something too heavy. I picked the color white because I thought it looked better than the black MacBooks.

(couldn't resist ;) )

yoppie

macrumors 6502a
Oct 19, 2007
I have a 2GHz Core Duo MacBook (White).

I chose it because I needed a laptop for work and knew I didn't want something too heavy. I picked the color white because I thought it looked better than the black MacBooks.

(couldn't resist ;) )

Good one.

ETA: I just noticed we both joined MacRumors in October 2007. I joined two days after you.

NT1440

macrumors G5
May 18, 2008
Unibody MB 2.4 . My first Mac. It was love at first sight. Ordered it as it came out. Wanted to move away from Windows, and needed something more portable than my previous Toshiba (this is why I went with the MB over the MBP). LOVE LOVE the screen (yes the glossiness and black bezel look AWESOME) the trackpad, the lit keys and just the overall feel of the unibody.

I will basically be the same story once I have the cash:(

I HATE this toshiba, and being stuck in windows hell.

I've visited my baby at the apple store so many times now, must have logged at least 4-5 hours of useage. Someday soon, someday soon.

Suspended
Jan 12, 2009
2.4 Ghz Core2Duo White Macbook.

I'm 17 and all i really needed a new machine was for school and just stuff i do when i'm bored, designing etc. so i decided to get a macbook, and i love it :p mainly because on a full charge i can take it to college, use it in all my lessons and still have a bit of battery left at the end of the day :D. i was going to get an iMac instead of a MacBook but i decided on the macbook because of the portability.

i got it 10 days before the aluminum ones were released although i wasn't that bothered that i didn't get an alu macbook, 1. no firewire (i do use my firewire daily so..) 2. price, i didn't have another £300 to spend on the 2.4ghz aluminum model. 3. the screen ( one of my friends has the alu macbook, the glare is bad...very bad, although i would probably have gotten used to it).

so, yeah :D i love my macbook <3 I'll probably be getting an iMac in the summer :D

VSMacOne

macrumors 603
Oct 18, 2008
I will basically be the same story once I have the cash:(

I HATE this toshiba, and being stuck in windows hell.

I've visited my baby at the apple store so many times now, must have logged at least 4-5 hours of useage. Someday soon, someday soon.

I'm rooting for ya bud!!! :D Save that money! Save it!!!

marold280

macrumors 6502
Mar 16, 2008
I have a 1.83ghz Core Duo Macbook.

I chose it because it was the cheapest on ebay, and i had wanted one for about 3 years.

I love this machine in fact.
(would like a unibody one though)

kage207

macrumors 6502a
Jul 23, 2008
2.4GHz White MacBook~
Summer '08~Present

Bought it for school. I went with 2.4GHz because I'm a dev / programmer and needed the power in the CPU. I also needed some room to bootcamp for windows so I could do Windows programming as well. I wanted a Mac to learn to program on it as well. But I'm usually on my Mac side more than anything. Windows hasn't been used in months.

bozz2006

macrumors 68030
Aug 24, 2007
Minnesota
2.0 aluminum macbook. have a mac pro that i use for anything heavy and wife uses it to edit photos (she's a photographer) and i decided a year ago i wanted a laptop. started saving. waited for the new macbooks and bought the baseline because i only use it for light stuff.

JamesGorman

macrumors 65816
Dec 31, 2008
Winnipeg
a unibody 2.4ghz macbook:) its awesome, and thank god for my parents who got the best buy card so i can just give them monthly payments, otherwise after the service plan, the actual computer, a few accessories, and of course taxes theres no way i could have made a one time payment of $2500.00, I have a much more reasonable monthly payment of 85 dollars a month:)

EDIT: I also got a good financing plan so i dont have to pay intrest:)

HLdan

macrumors 603
Aug 22, 2007
Unibody Macbook Air, not that there ever was a non-unibody. Needed thin and light for my daily work in the field plus lying down and surfing is much easier with a small and thin computer.:D

alphaod

macrumors Core
Feb 9, 2008
NYC
Unibody MacBook Pro; love the almost perfect size. It's got the GPU I often need, so I like that. I would love to get more RAM, since I've been having 2GB swaps recently. My computer would lock up and start thrashing for the lack of RAM.

I also just got an Unibody MacBook; was originally going for the white NVIDIA model, but had too many issues with that; so far love this machine as well. Again almost perfect; quite light and compact size. I like carrying this around. The RAM on this machine is good enough, but more couldn't hurt for the 5% times I may need more.

michael.lauden

macrumors 68020
Dec 25, 2008
i'd say a Mac Pro

because enough... is never enough!!

seriously. for how fast Leopard runs on a 2.0GHz Intel Core 2 Duo w/4GB of RAM

and how Tiger keeps up with it on a 1.66GHz Intel Core Duo w/2GB of RAM.

i can't even fathom how fast a decked out Mac Pro is.

like... it must load, or render whatever you need - before you click it! aha:D

macrumors 6502
Jul 5, 2008
I'm a murderer by trade. but i bought an alu Macbook. i'm really confused. should have gotten a mbp and upped the ram on that.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.