What makes you the happiest man alive ?

fernmeister

macrumors regular
Aug 19, 2007
It probably won't make me "the happiest man alive" but...

...the day I can finally park an 8 core 2.8GHz 16GB Ram 1.5TB Mac Pro in my home will be a good day indeed.

termina3

macrumors 65816
Jul 16, 2007
TX
Why does Apple creating so much RAM space (e.g. 32 GB RAM) on their Mac Pro ?
It's more that they have two risers of 4–8 slots total. At the time of design I don't think Apple said "well, how much RAM do we need to be able to accommodate? 32gb sounds like a good number". Some people actually use 16gb of RAM (I couldn't imagine doing so...), which is the top amount Apple will sell to you.

I think it's great that there are 8 slots, because it translates to a lot of RAM. In a few years we'll be talking about 4 gigs as standard, and many of us will be using that full 32.

mpw

Jun 18, 2004
Hmm hard to top that, I guess this
I call fake, but to be sure I'd like to see her partial unwrapped in a lift...

Serious answer to the OP; I'd like a capable desktop machine that isn't reigned in by Apple to allow it to make more money a year later by releasing a feature it could do today at zero cost to itself.

I'd really like to see a proper portable too, 10" 180degree swivel and fold touchscreen and keyboard, no optical drive huge battery and less then 1.5kg.

Oh, and obviously what would really makes me deliriously, completely & verhemently happy is love.

hanHans

macrumors newbie
Aug 29, 2007
Why does Apple creating so much RAM space (e.g. 32 GB RAM) on their Mac Pro ?
I’we taken use of six of my eight slots, however I "only" have 4 GIGs of RAM. I think it’s good that they include so many RAM slots. That way you can still take use of your old RAM chips when you upgrade;)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.