Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

trancepriest

macrumors 6502
Nov 9, 2007
South Florida
25u rack filled with 8-core or higher X-Serves. An X-SAN with 100TB or more storage. A 4k projector. RED camera (should have one in February). HDCAM SR deck. A couple more 8 core Mac Pro workstations with fibre channel cards, Kona 3, 32GB RAM, 4TB internal, Mac Pro RAID. SpeedGrade HD. That would make me the happiest man in the world for at least one month.

gojaromeiginla

macrumors member
Nov 5, 2007
My dream computer would either have 8 or 16 cores, with 3.0 GHz or more. 32 GB RAM, 2 Superdrives, 2 GB total graphics, 5 - 10 TB HD space, and a 30" display. That would make me that happiest man alive. I'm compensating for future advances, due to the fact that the likelihood that I will be able to afford the current maxed out Mac Pro are very slim. I'll probably be able to afford a Mac Pro in 3 years.

dukebound85

macrumors Core
Jul 17, 2005
5045 feet above sea level
My dream computer would either have 8 or 16 cores, with 3.0 GHz or more. 32 GB RAM, 2 Superdrives, 2 GB total graphics, 5 - 10 TB HD space, and a 30" display. That would make me that happiest man alive. I'm compensating for future advances, due to the fact that the likelihood that I will be able to afford the current maxed out Mac Pro are very slim. I'll probably be able to afford a Mac Pro in 3 years.

say that in 20 years when thats ancient lol

THX1139

macrumors 68000
Mar 4, 2006
Hmm hard to top that, I guess this
042401n1cr.jpg

Where did you get the photo of my girlfriend? Damn, I knew she was cheating....

By the way, they aren't real. I paid for them.

mward333

macrumors 6502a
Jan 24, 2004
In a near future, let's say you own a Mac Pro 8 Core 3 Ghz with 32 GB Maximum RAM with a 5 TB total hard drive. What makes you the happiest man alive ?

My computer is pretty near what you mentioned (see my sig), but that doesn't bring me "happiness"; it just lets me accomplish my work faster and easier.

My happiness comes every afternoon when I head home to my beautiful family. Nothing matches that.

ocbo41

macrumors regular
Sep 8, 2007
Well I would have to say having the wife and kids live very healthy and long lives...that would make me happy, that and a dual 8ghz mac pro with 32GB of ram:D ....no kids or wife yet though lol (no kids for a while thats for sure:D)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.