Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mantasis

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 25, 2007
And what do you primarily do? I'd like to see what monitors people are using, and if one comes out on top...

I'm using a gateway FHX2300BMID, 23inches....not the best.

Tesselator

macrumors 601
Jan 9, 2008
Japan
I'm kinda in-between monitors right now.

I had a pair top-shelf 24" LG models and they both died shortly after the warranty. 3 weeks and 7 weeks respectively. :(

My friend gave me an acer (H233H) he wasn't using and a few months later I found an NEC Diamondcrysta RDT202H. They're fine and I'm not doing any color critical work so I've just been using those till I come across a deal on some EZO dudes.

fmd02082_1.jpg

acer23_2.jpg

IceMacMac

macrumors 6502
Jun 6, 2010
I'm using an Apple Cinema 30" flanked by two Samsung 23".

C4d and AE have a bazillion scripts/plugins/panels and then that gets compound extra 3rd party tools. So it's great to have space.

I love my screen real estate but I'd like to replace the Samsungs...they were cheap/crappy.

gsloan

macrumors member
Jul 6, 2013
Austin, TX
That's awesome. What does it look like? They say it's still glossy. I assumed it would be more like the old cinema displays once you remove the glass.

Still glossy, but clearer and with less glare than even the new iMacs. More importantly, the headache I get with using a newer iMac or Cinema Display for extended periods is gone. A friend of mine is a professional illustrator and didn't think it made a huge difference - then he worked on his system for hours with the glass off....and now also has a MacFrame.

TBH, it's just a nicely made metal frame so your display/iMac doesn't look like it's part of an iFixit teardown with its glass off, and it does so admirably. Max, the guy who sells them, is a photographer as a primary job, so buying these supports a niche small business, too. :)

flowrider

macrumors 604
Nov 23, 2012
HP ZR24w IPS 24" monitor with a MacVidCards flashed GTX 780. Using Display Port connection.

Lou

Edit 3/20/14 graphics card changed from GTX 570 to GTX 780.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.