Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

NoSmokingBandit

macrumors 68000
Apr 13, 2008
View > Show Browser

Welcome to several years ago ;)

Why is that not on by default?? :D
Like i said, i dont use itunes so idk how it works. Now if i could only get it to sync to a folder instead of demanding control over everything... then we (itunes and myself, that is) could be friends.

Chase R

macrumors 65816
May 8, 2008
PDX
DPGraph. I know that Grapher is pretty good and much "cleaner" looking however DPGraph has some really cool features for graphing 3D objects.

rva1

macrumors member
Jun 5, 2007
Things I miss...

am about to switch, but dunno about softwares I'd miss.

mainly PS (CS2):

can I load actions AND plugins into a mac as I can load them into windows?

any essential softwares you still need a PC for?

I guess the PC software that I miss the most, is the one that used to make me re-install my operating system every few months, all just to keep my computer running halfway decently. I think it was called Windows XP? I also miss hitting Crtl-Alt-Delete and having to re-start my computer after it froze, several times a day.

A few others that I miss so much, I almost forgot to mention them: Spyware, Viruses and Malware.

Aside from that, I can do everything I want and need to on my Mac. I am sure you will find the switch enlightening.

Caron

macrumors newbie
Jan 23, 2009
Why is that not on by default?? :D
Like i said, i dont use itunes so idk how it works. Now if i could only get it to sync to a folder instead of demanding control over everything... then we (itunes and myself, that is) could be friends.

When you first log into iTunes and sync your device you should be able to click on it. This will show your main preferences page. Toward the top of where your device is displayed you should see "Summary, Music, Movies, TV Shows, Podcasts, Photos, Info & Applications". You can click on any one of the media tabs to adjust how your device syncs up. Or, you can turn off any of the items so that they do not sync up. If you have more than one device (there are two iPods in my house); iTunes will remember your settings for each.

NoSmokingBandit

macrumors 68000
Apr 13, 2008
When you first log into iTunes and sync your device you should be able to click on it. This will show your main preferences page. Toward the top of where your device is displayed you should see "Summary, Music, Movies, TV Shows, Podcasts, Photos, Info & Applications". You can click on any one of the media tabs to adjust how your device syncs up. Or, you can turn off any of the items so that they do not sync up. If you have more than one device (there are two iPods in my house); iTunes will remember your settings for each.

I dont have an ipod (or anything that gets along with iTunes anyway (creative labs ftw)), what i meant was that iTunes refuses to recognize a song unless i "import" it. I dual boot windows and osx with my music library on a fat32 partition so i can get to it all the time. If i add some songs to my music fodler when in windows and i reboot into osx iTunes wont 'see' it so i have to go find it then import it by hand. This is why i use Cog. It doesnt really sync to a folder but it opens up a folder tree in a drawer and i can navigate through artist>album>song like i could in finder. No need to 'import' anything. If itunes could sync to my folder of music automatically i would use it right away but apple doesnt want me using anything bu itunes to get music so its just a huge pain to make it work.

dehory

macrumors regular
Sep 17, 2008
The reason NoSmokingBandit likes Cog is the reason I really miss foobar2k. Super minimal, tweak-friendly, and unintrusive -- kind of the polar opposite of iTunes. Foobar is also far superior at meta-tagging than anything I've come across so far for OS X...

Also, I'm kind of shocked that no free program comes close to the functionality of WinSCP, specifically the ability to create symlinks. I find myself having to load it up even after trying Transmit, Interarchy, RBrowser and Forklift...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.