Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mi7chy

macrumors G4
Oct 24, 2014
Apple removing 3.5mm audio jack is equivalent to Samsung removing uSD card slot. Expect to see it return with iPhone 8 and it'll be the first 3.5mm with water resistance.

Last edited:

Tsepz

macrumors 601
Jan 24, 2013
Johannesburg, South Africa
Never been an iPhone user, and last night any chance of me becoming one dropped completely. Looking at LG V20, great audio quality without compromising parts, thank you LG. :)

douglasf13

macrumors 68000
Jul 2, 2010
The poll was made before the announcement. Out of those 30% that said they won't buy 29% of them will be first to pre order.
This launch will not flop. It will sell more than the 6s 6s+ launch.
including the adapter and lightning headphones makes it a non issue now. Rare majority charge and listen and there will be adapters for that anyway.

That poll was merged with one made after the announcement. What do you consider bad sales numbers? 5% below expectations? 10%?

Zetaprime

macrumors 65816
Dec 4, 2011
Ohio, US
I don't see the big deal about the earphone jack. They give you a pair that plug into the lightning port and an adapter that lets you use any other earbuds you have lying around. If you actually have to be charging while you use them there's an adapter for that. I never use it that way so will probably never need that adapter.

AnonMac50

macrumors 68000
Mar 24, 2010
I have a 6s and HTC 10. Have had a 5 and S4, 5s and M8. Always liked having an iPhone and Android duo. But this time I want to see how long my 6s lasts. I've unimpressed with Apple lately. They're products aren't bad but I feel don't compare that well with newer Android phones. My HTC is good. Has many features, runs well, and has a 3.5mm jack, something I use a lot. I love the EarPods, possibly my favourite "budget" earphones, so I use them on all my devices. I liked the waterproofing of the Samsungs and cameras of the Huawei P9, but I think the HTC 10 is a better all rounder. Doesn't really excel in any department (other than audio), but it's a very good all rounder. Also, it supports AirPlay, something I love! And it has an easily unlockable boot loader that is covered under warranty!:D The system, when stock is a bit annoying, has some missing features available in stock Android, but I can modify it and add them in relatively easily:cool: Having said that, I feel my 6s is a great phone. Would have considered a 7 but no headphone jack is a deal breaker hahaha

KillaMac

Suspended
May 25, 2013
Apple removing 3.5mm audio jack is equivalent to Samsung removing uSD card slot. Expect to see it return with iPhone 8 and it'll be the first 3.5mm with water resistance.

Never will happen. Getting rid of the 3.5 slot is different than a SDCARD which really is needed on the Samsung phones since they never gave them the space at that time. 3.5 there are other options available and wireless is the way its going. Just like how floppys and CDROMs retired. Like Music CDs are basically gone now all mp3 players.

Reactions: I7guy

nfl46

macrumors G3
Oct 5, 2008
Surprise many even use the headphone jack anymore. Funny thing is, I didn't even realize my MacBook had a headphone jack until just now...while typing this.

cube

Suspended
May 10, 2004
Surprise many even use the headphone jack anymore. Funny thing is, I didn't even realize my MacBook had a headphone jack until just now...while typing this.
Old cellphones sucked when the headset adapter was proprietary and the smartphone era had fixed this.

nfl46

macrumors G3
Oct 5, 2008
You must have lost your mind if you even remotely think Apple will bring the headphone jack back next year; it's gone for good. Get with the times: wireless is taken over...enough with all these cords.

cube

Suspended
May 10, 2004
You must have lost your mind if you even remotely think Apple will bring the headphone jack back next year; it's gone for good. Get with the times: wireless is taken over...enough with all these cords.
You get flamed in Skype if you use a wireless headset.

Brandonjr36

macrumors 68000
Sep 12, 2016
Joplin
Never say never lack of sales could do that
They never will go back to a headphone jack, they sold out of the iPhone 7 plus and are limited on the regular 7 so sales aren't down, and even Samsung is thinking about taking the headphone jack way on the galaxy s8. So before long there won't be no hp jack on any phone.

pcmacgamer

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 7, 2013
They never will go back to a headphone jack, they sold out of the iPhone 7 plus and are limited on the regular 7 so sales aren't down, and even Samsung is thinking about taking the headphone jack way on the galaxy s8. So before long there won't be no hp jack on any phone.
initial sales from fanboys and Apple lovers aren't telling of actual sales . Time will tell

Last edited:

LIVEFRMNYC

macrumors G3
Oct 27, 2009
Many iPhones users will be forced to go wireless or forced to keep paying Apple $9 every couple of months, cause the headphone adapter feels like a cheap pos.

macrem

macrumors 65816
Mar 11, 2008
Estimated 14m sales opening weekend for the 7. They're not lacking for people buying the phone.
[doublepost=1474399908][/doublepost]

That type of response is why people shouldn't take this thread seriously.
14 million is devices Apple could produce by then. Demand is much higher.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.