Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

cjandnw

macrumors 6502
Jun 11, 2007
South Jersey
Treo 680
I also miss:
copy paste
file search
ability to view, create, edit docs
add attachments at anytime during email
MMS
after all that, I LOVE THIS iPHONE!

AgingGeek

macrumors regular
May 21, 2007
Sony-Ericson P800 (2003). 4 1/2 years old! Had been hanging on waiting on th e iPhone rumors. Stepped on it and broke the screen in October, but I was sure the announcement was near, so I ordered parts and rebuilt it. BT radio failed in Feb, disk reformatted and lost all info in Mar. Couldn't sync it anymore.

Came limping across the finish line at about 6:20 PM on Friday....

shortstack

macrumors newbie
Jul 2, 2007
me = cingular 2125

wife = crappy razr

wish i could get "push" corp. email like i had on my 2125, oh well iphone still rocks

x0lliex

macrumors member
Jul 2, 2007
I upgraded from a Nokia e61. I loved the phone, but I just couldn't resist the iPhone.

pkts

macrumors member
Jun 29, 2007
Upgraded from a Treo 700p, I hated that thing towards the end of its life. With a lot of data on it, its unbelievably unstable.

I agree. I only had a TREO 650 but dang that thing chrashed at least once a day. But it WAS so exciting trying to figure out WHEN exactly it would crash.

Is it just me or do the old phone just look like such POS? I can't believe I used to carry that thing around! It's bad but I can't help looking at other people's phones and shuddering.

david06

macrumors member
Jun 19, 2006
8525 --> 8GB iPhone

Giving myself a week to decide whether to keep/return it. It's a joy to use - nothing can describe the feel of the iPhone when you pick it up and the experience when you're using it. However, the lack of flexibility compared to the more open Windows-based phone platform is worrying. I'm sure Apple is going to add more features, but frankly, anyone who was a hardcore user of a Palm/Windows smartphone (with 3rd party apps and all) is likely not the target iPhone user and may or may not be satisfied with the features the iPhone ends up having. On the flip side, the 8525 often seemed clunky to use. It is downright bricklike and awkward. It doesn't have the "full web" to the extent the iPhone does. Shoving the stylus (ugh) in the reset button (double ugh) was a weekly occurance.

I'm torn between the two phones. Unlike some fanatical posters, I am not an apologist for either missing features (iPhone) or poor interfaces (Windows) and I have zero platform/brand loyalty -- I will look at the pros/cons of both options and decide based on that, not who makes the device. Both the 8525 and iPhone have advantages and disadvantages and there's going to be tradeoffs for each individual user... It's in no way a clear cut decision.

Anyone else facing this dilemma?

Bostonian1976

macrumors member
Jul 2, 2007
Se

a SonyEricsson W810i - an awesome phone.

I'll miss the earpiece volume (much louder) and the flash for the (excellent) camera. Beyond that, the iPhone obviously blows it away....

Gonzlobo

Suspended
May 9, 2007
Albuquerque
A 3-year-old MOT v180. It was only a phone, but it did its job well. The iphone's phone blanks out all over the city whereas the old MOT got 5 bars everywhere.

aph3x

macrumors member
Jun 28, 2007
Reno, NV
Upgraded from a Black RAZR. I also have a Blackberry 8800 that my office has me use. The iPhone makes the blackberry feel hokey - EXCEPT for the GPS in the 8800. Google maps seems retarded on the iPhone without a GPS feature. AT&T should at least integrate GPS via tower triangulation.

ravenvii

macrumors 604
Mar 17, 2004
Melenkurion Skyweir
I ditched my trusty BlackBerry 7230 on T-Mobile for the iPhone. Thing served me well for 4 years, but it's time to experience the latest and greatest technology has to offer!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.