What phone would switch to if you can today

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by msarway, Oct 5, 2011.

1. msarway macrumors 6502

msarway

i have a choice now to get a new phone i have the iPhone 4 but i was a bit disapointed what would your choice be if you did not want an iPhone4s. price dosent matter i just want the coolest and best phone now. i have at&t and verizon.

2. spblat macrumors 6502a

spblat

That's a subjective topic. IMHO the coolest and best phone is an iPhone 4S. Great form factor, astounding screen that's just the right size for me, a bazillion apps that I really like, and Siri.

If you want something cool, get a 4S, dismantle it, apply paint thinner to the rear face, and voila, unique phone.

3. rowley macrumors 6502

rowley

4. blunti macrumors 6502a

alternatively wait 6 more days for The ultimate phone, aka Nexus Prime. In case you want the latest and greatest.

5. msarway thread starter macrumors 6502

msarway

this phone will be released in 6 days which carrier gets it first. and is there a link confirming

6. TheSideshow macrumors 6502

Rumored Nokia Ace with Windows Phone.

Im over iOS and Android is still a bit too buggy and choppy.

7. Captain America macrumors 6502

That is sick! But do you have to dismantle it to do that? I think I might do it to my i4S (if I don't get the Nexus)

8. mountains macrumors regular

It's going to be announced next week. The last Nexus was announced and available for purchase within a few weeks of that announcement.

Rumors so far:
    -4G LTE
    -Ice Cream Sandwich

It will probably be announced at the Unpacked event.

9. Agent-P macrumors 68030

Agent-P

I was gonna get an iPhone 5, but seeing the 4S with the 3.5" screen and I've decided I'm gonna stay with Windows Phone for now. I'm waiting for Nokia to release their arsenal of Windows Phone devices (probably gonna be announced at Nokia World this month). If not, then I'll probably go with either an HTC Radar or HTC Titan. But I definitely won't be going to Android. I've tried using it multiple times (most recently last week), and I just can't stand it. Maybe next year Apple, when you release a real iPhone upgrade.

10. sentinelsx macrumors 68010

I would love to try HTC titan (WP7) or upcoming Nokia WP7 phones. I was interested in the galaxy note but android is still putting me off :p

11. AIP5 macrumors 6502a

You'll definitely need that to differentiate the A5 4S from the A4 iPhone 4! ;)

12. hcho3 macrumors 68030

I don't understand about this nexus Prime hype. If nexus Prime does have LTE, then it will be most likely on Verizon only.

The techies might want to check the coverage map again...

Only Verizon has enough coverage with LTE here in the US. Of course, they still have a way to go.

AT&T has LTE in 5 markets and they will have 15 more by end of this year, but it's not finalized.

Sprint won't have LTE until early Next year.

So, tell me.... because not all of us are on Verizon. What is the point of LTE now? There will be no decent LTE coverage until mid-end of next year.

13. Hawkeye411 macrumors 68000

Hawkeye411

If money was no object I'd get an iPhone 5 !!!!!!!!!!

14. wordoflife macrumors 604

wordoflife

15. LapsangSouchong macrumors 65816

LapsangSouchong

Coolest and best?meh. Couldn't care less.

What works for me, and is a good fit for me? That's what matters to me.

An iphone, currently.

16. msarway thread starter macrumors 6502

msarway

wow so many choices but if you dont want to wait because who know how long these phones will take to release. i want to get a phone next week so which one will it be lol