What phone would you have if there was no iPhone ????

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by RandomGuy26, Oct 5, 2009.

1. RandomGuy26 macrumors regular

So what phone would you have today, if there was no Apple iPhone.. just wanna see how consistent people are with their choices of second best..

i would most likely own an n97 from nokia

on a side note: would you still be with AT&T ?

2. Unspoken Demise macrumors 68040

Unspoken Demise

Hmm, it would have to be AT&T, so I'd have to say the Blackberry Bold.

3. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

4. Small White Car macrumors G4

Small White Car

I'd probably start by looking at the HTC Hero and those upcoming Palm phones...they're making one with a full touchscreen, I thought.

Couldn't say without trying them in person, though.

5. bruinsrme macrumors 603

bruinsrme

I was happy with my voyager.
    But probably be on a blackberry.

6. calvy macrumors 65816

7. TheSpaz macrumors 604

TheSpaz

I'd probably have a lan-line. I don't really like any cell phones.

8. danny_w macrumors 601

LG VU, since that is what I bought to replace my iPhone that I sold recently. I wish that the VU had a way to sync contacts, but that is really no big deal for me since I save so few that I care to have on my phone. The LB is a much better PHONE than the iPhone BTW; audio is much clearer and much louder. I would try a Blackberry if it weren't for the required data plan.

9. Unspoken Demise macrumors 68040

Unspoken Demise

No, you'd have an iPod touch and a Go-Phone.

10. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

11. nick9191 macrumors 68040

I have no idea. If the iPhone had not been there for others to poorly rip off, we would still be stuck in the dark ages. The iPhone was a breath of fresh air into a stagnant market.

12. paulsalter macrumors 68000

paulsalter

Sony Ericsson K800i and I would be looking forward to getting a Pre in a couple of weeks when its released in the UK

13. TheSpaz macrumors 604

TheSpaz

I assumed that if there's no iPhone, there's no iPod touch either.

I despise cell phones. The only reason why I had a go-phone before the iPhone was for emergencies.

The iPhone totally changed the way I look at phones now. I never used to be a text'r until the iPhone and I've never even considered a smart-phone until the iPhone. I was happy with my 5th gen iPod for the car and a Mac happily waiting for me at home. Now, I have a little computer with me everywhere I go... and it's pretty cool.

14. NC03M3 macrumors newbie

Definitely Sony Ericsson - I had three before the iPhone (2G) and they were fantastic phones. In some cases still more features than at least the2G iPhone (3.2 mp camera with flash, removable memory, built-in radio).

15. cababah macrumors 68000

I agree, it was nice to see a device emerge and stand out among the melting pot of junk.

16. Unspoken Demise macrumors 68040

Unspoken Demise

But if you only had a land-line then what would you do in an emergency? Wouldnt you still want a go-phone in case of car accidents, etc?

17. marold280 macrumors 6502

marold280

I actually DONT have an iPhone because in the UK, EVERYONE has them. and tbh ive followed them from the beginning and am actually quite bored of them seen as though i know everything about them .
    Im getting a HTC Hero this christmas. White . Gorgeous :)

18. TheSpaz macrumors 604

TheSpaz

I really wish I could just kill myself or something... but, unfortunately, they need me at work.

19. Unspoken Demise macrumors 68040

Unspoken Demise

Um...Wow.

20. danny_w macrumors 601

Same around here. It seems like just about everybody now has an iPhone. It is getting to where I rarely see anything BUT an iPhone anymore.

21. OllyW Moderator

OllyW

Staff Member

22. marold280 macrumors 6502

marold280

Absolutely. My mum has one. and I was extremely jealous at first. But now I honestly dont care. almost 30% of my year at school have them which i think is disgusting tbh.

23. Roessnakhan macrumors 68040

Roessnakhan

24. JML42691 macrumors 68020

JML42691

25. Tomorrow macrumors 604

Tomorrow

Land lines can call 911 too, you know. ;)

You youngsters might not be aware of this, but there was once a time where there were ONLY land lines. No kidding. And when you needed to make a phone call, you went and picked up a land line and you made your call.

There were no text messages. If you had something to say to someone, you either called them up and said it to them, or you waited until you could talk to them face-to-face. It was great, people communicating each other in the same room and all.

What if you weren't home? Well, we had these nifty little things called "pay phones." Believe it or not, it's just what it sounds like - you put a dime in it and made your phone call. They were all over the place, so it wasn't hard to find one. The best part was, nobody kept track of how long your call was - you got all the minutes you wanted for that ten cents! Even during "peak" calling hours! There wasn't any such thing as night and weekend minutes, or calling circles, dropped calls, dead coverage zones - if the phone was plugged in, it worked! It was awesome!

</sarcasm>

My point is that we got along just fine without cell phones. They aren't an absolute requirement today.