OS Neutral What platform do you play games on?

Discussion in 'Mac and PC Games' started by Huntn, Dec 20, 2017.

?

2017- What platform do you play games on?

Poll closed Jun 20, 2018.
  1. Mostly PC

12 vote(s)
    24.0%
  2. Mostly Mac

14 vote(s)
    28.0%
  3. Mostly console

13 vote(s)
    26.0%
  4. Mostly iOS or Android

4 vote(s)
    8.0%
  5. Multiple platforms- describe

6 vote(s)
    12.0%
  6. Other- describe

1 vote(s)
    2.0%
  1. Stella macrumors G3

Stella

PC. More available games, and better all-around support, including third party apps.

A PC is far cheaper, especially if you build it yourself + more powerful for games than a Mac .

2. MichealHeitz macrumors newbie

3. JagdTiger macrumors 6502

JagdTiger

Planet Coaster is a good game, there should be a iPad version.
    --- Post Merged, May 27, 2018 ---
    iPad has PUBG.

4. Huntn thread starter macrumors P6

Huntn

Fo what it does or is intended to do, PC (the game) is awesome. I love the sandbox, creative mode, but got side tracked with some survival games so have not played it in a bit.

5. Centaurr macrumors 65816

Centaurr

6. Stella macrumors G3

Stella

Planet Coaster is a different beast. Its quite CPU intensive. All those NPCs are individual AIs, rather than bulk controlled. The more NPCs in the park, the slower the game gets. The iPad would have a hard time.

7. JagdTiger macrumors 6502

JagdTiger

Yeah, I watched a YouTube game on a pc when the park was shown with all the people and rides it seemed the frame rate went down to 15fps, great game, perhaps there could be a enhanced or lower specification version for iPad?

8. Huntn thread starter macrumors P6

Huntn

As not a programmer, I’d imagine you’d get the most realistic crowd behavior with individual A.I. Although I have no real clue if bulk programming would produce similarly realistic results.

9. JagdTiger macrumors 6502

JagdTiger

It has been said the new switch can do multithreading so perhaps it will be able to do planet coaster, why can’t iPad Pro not do it, the processing seems good enough?

10. apolloa macrumors G4

I play on PC through my console, I’ve been using the GeForce Now service on my Nvidia Shield TV I got for Christmas, so far I’ve played through We Happy Few, and now I’m playing Mutant Year Zero: Road To Eden, I also have my Nintendo Switch.
    I’ve put my PS4 Pro away and my Xbox One S as I wasn’t giving them any time.

I want to Play the new Metro game on my Shield but I need to get a keyboard and Mouse as the PC version the service uses doesn’t support game controllers.

11. StellarVixen macrumors 68000

StellarVixen

Mainly PC.

I want to love mobile games, I really do...but the quality of mobile games is horrible. Basically most of the games look alike, and the focus seem to be not on quality of the gameplay and the experience as whole, but how much money developers can rake in by selling you items via microtransactions.

When developers shift their focus to quality, I will be there, waiting.

Which basically keeps me playing Bejeweled clones most of the time, I am playing something just to keep my mind occupied and relax when I have nothing smarter to do.

12. JagdTiger macrumors 6502

JagdTiger

They don’t seem to happy, what is in that cake they were eating?, I have not played it.

13. apolloa, Feb 22, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 22, 2019

apolloa macrumors G4

Haha it’s an interesting game, you play as the main character, then do stories for two of the characters the main one meets, and it integrates into the story so you see some scenes from the other persons perspective.

It was alright. But the last character is mad and just hurled abuse at everyone and some of it is pretty bad I have to say..

14. camW00dS macrumors newbie

camW00dS

15. skottichan macrumors 6502a

skottichan

pretty evenly distributed among Windows, all 3 current consoles, and iOS.

16. Huntn thread starter macrumors P6

Huntn

I’m only playing Consol (Xbox 360) now when the Grandkids show up. I’m 98% PC, 2% iOS. Keyboard-mouse still rules. :)