What Restaurant Are You Eating At?

dec.

Suspended
Apr 15, 2012
Toronto
We live slightly north from Toronto, appropriately the name of our favorite restaurant that's not too far away is "The North" - exceptional food (and lousy website)

www.thenorthrestaurant.com/

And we have a few in the city, one of the ones we go to a lot (also because the owners and staff are great people) is Byzantium

www.byz.ca

impulse462

macrumors 68000
Jun 3, 2009
For people in San Francisco, check out Taylor Street Coffee shop. Best breakfast I've had in the city so far.

Huntn

macrumors demi-god
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
No particular order:
Skeeters
El Loro
Las Cucos
Asian City
Humble Cafe
Chewy's
Italianos
Spring BBQ
Texas Road House
Logans Road House
Saltgrass Steakhouse
Olive Garden

Fast food:
Taco Bell
Whataburger
Subway
Popeye's

bradl

macrumors 601
Jun 16, 2008
I'm game.

Last night, Sushi from Blue Nami here in the Sacramento area: www.bluenamesushi.com

Just had lunch form Johnny Carino's: www.carinos.com

While Blue Nami is local, Carino's is a chain, and while it's great stuff, I'm getting tired of chain restaurants, and what sucks is that I want to try the French Laundry, but they are a bit pricey, and either way, they have a 6-month waiting list for reservations.

Tomorrow, I'm thinking of tri-tip from the Buckhorn Grill (yet another chain).

I want to make it back up to Portland in July, when Burgerville starts to sell their Walla Walla onion rings. They are great, but they are bloody HUGE:

That, and Voodoo Donuts.

BL.

albertfallickwa

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 27, 2014
I'm game.

Last night, Sushi from Blue Nami here in the Sacramento area: www.bluenamesushi.com

Just had lunch form Johnny Carino's: www.carinos.com

While Blue Nami is local, Carino's is a chain, and while it's great stuff, I'm getting tired of chain restaurants, and what sucks is that I want to try the French Laundry, but they are a bit pricey, and either way, they have a 6-month waiting list for reservations.

Tomorrow, I'm thinking of tri-tip from the Buckhorn Grill (yet another chain).

I want to make it back up to Portland in July, when Burgerville starts to sell their Walla Walla onion rings. They are great, but they are bloody HUGE:

That, and Voodoo Donuts.

BL.
Those... are... some... fricking... huge... onion... rings. Making me hungrrrrrryyyy.

bradl

macrumors 601
Jun 16, 2008
Those... are... some... fricking... huge... onion... rings. Making me hungrrrrrryyyy.
Now.. Imagine my eyes being bigger than my stomach and not thinking how big Walla Walla onion rings are, and order a basket of 10. Normal orders are for 3.

I'd like to try their rosemary and garlic shoestring potatoes, but they are limited time as well, because the potatoes they use are in season.

Thing I like about Burgerville, outside the fact that you could see Justin Timberlake doing a sendup of it on Saturday Night Live, a la Liquorville, is that every ingredient they use on their menu is local, with some being limited time. the onion rings are, because they have to be in season. They have a Chocolate Hazelnut shake going right now that is made with hazelnuts from Oregon and ice cream churned locally as well.

I look at that and I wonder that if I do make the move up to Portland, will I really miss In-n-Out, as the closest one is a 7 hour drive.

BL.

yg17

macrumors Pentium
Aug 1, 2004
St. Louis, MO
Pfft, those onion rings are tiny. Now these are onion rings:

From Joey B's a local restaurant in St. Louis. That pic doesn't really do them justice, they're a lot bigger in person.

albertfallickwa

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 27, 2014
Just ate at Taco Bell with my wife... Needless to say, everything is becoming XXL now LOL.

Mr. McMac

Suspended
Dec 21, 2009
Far away from liberals
Since I'm retired, I'm not much into spending a lot of money on eating out. I eat mostly at home. When I go out it's usually at a local diner or luncheonette for breakfast or lunch. I almost never do fast food like McDonalds, Burger King, etc...

Gutwrench

Contributor
Jan 2, 2011
I'm game.

Last night, Sushi from Blue Nami here in the Sacramento area: www.bluenamesushi.comBL.
Have you ever been to Sheepherders in Ranch Cordova (if it's still around)? We used to eat there in the 90's and it was pretty good back then. It certainly doesn't match up to SF restaurants but good nonetheless.

We're in the Twin Cities now and while there's a few good restaurants we miss the Bay Area choices.

Last edited: