Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Gutwrench

Suspended
Original poster
Jan 2, 2011
I thought there might be some value in a general topic-less thread to share random thoughts, ideas, and personal news that aren’t otherwise thread-worthy.

So, within compliance of applicable federal laws, regulations, and Community Discussion rules: what’s on your mind?
[doublepost=1536426505][/doublepost]Yesterday I attended a Naturalization Ceremony for forty-one American citizens.

In 1776 the population of America was roughly 2,500,000.
Today its 325,700,000 and 41.

This is the second ceremony I’ve attended. Both were moving. I was a bit disappointed with yesterday’s speakers but it was a pleasure being in attendance to honor these new citizens.

Last edited:

Huntn

macrumors Core
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
The country is slipping badly. That’s all that needs to be said here, and that is what is on my mind. . As we know this is not PRSI.

I thought there might be some value in a general topic-less thread to share random thoughts, ideas, and personal news that aren’t otherwise thread-worthy.

So, within compliance of applicable federal laws, regulations, and Community Discussion rules: what’s on your mind?
[doublepost=1536426505][/doublepost]Yesterday I attended a Naturalization Ceremony for forty-one American citizens.

In 1776 the population of America was roughly 2,500,000.
Today its 325,700,000 and 41.

This is the second ceremony I’ve attended. Both were moving. I was a bit disappointed with yesterday’s speakers but it was a pleasure being in attendance to honor these new citizens.
Where did you witness this?

eyoungren

macrumors Penryn
Aug 31, 2011
In high school I absolutely loved math and algebra. But in college I had a rude awakening, as I had not been prepared for college level calculus, and I struggled with it for several semesters. :(
Math and I do not get along. Math hates me and I hate math and so we have an understanding between us that we both leave each other alone.

The absolute best I could ever do in high school algebra (and that was giving my best effort) was a B.

Probably why I ended up in design and not some math based occupation.

https://www.nbclosangeles.com/enter...h_s-Rant-Against-Math_New-York-279397532.html

Reactions: Gutwrench and Huntn

Scepticalscribe

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Jul 29, 2008
In a coffee shop.
I loathe country music.

Agreed.

But I love (some) classical music.

I have been home for two months, (having returned from a challenging and testing period abroad) but am still somewhat tired, more than a little run down, and would love another few months off.

But, I am also funding my mother's care, and need to think about bestirring myself and getting back to my work world.

Last edited:

flyinmac

macrumors 68040
Sep 2, 2006
United States
Drunk people are funny

Sometimes it’s a woman’s attitude that makes guys overlook her, not because they only noticed the super skinny girl in the bar. Stop B!+ch!ng and maybe somebody will want to talk with you. (Yes, left over thought from last nights earful).

Ummm... no... you cannot walk up to me and ask for a $50 shot of tequila, no matter how many other guys fall at your heels. Bartender, bring this beautiful arrogant piece of sh!+ a shot of water.

If you can’t balance in your chair without somebody having to literally pick you up off the floor, be more gratuitous when I politely decline your request to dance. I’m doing you a favor. I’m polite the first time. By the fifth time you rudely grab me and then try to smack me because I rejected you... Yes, you do find out I’ve got some attitude... sorry, you had it coming.

And...

What if we are but minuscule beings (like bacteria) floating on a grain of sand? Perhaps we are but nothing in some other larger beings trash bin. Perhaps our “universe” is simply a collection of dust and particles that somebody hasn’t gotten around to throwing out. Seems like a long time, but perhaps reality is that to them, our lifespan is like that of a butterfly.

Mefisto

macrumors 65816
Mar 9, 2015
Finland
Right now I'm wondering if I a) remembered to fasten the trusses to the dollies properly, and b) to lock the warehouse and van before leaving work this evening.

Which is dumb, because I know I did all of those things, but still, like every morning after leaving home and wondering if I actually shut off the coffee maker here I am wondering again about things I know the answers to.

Lioness~

macrumors 68030
Apr 26, 2017
Mars
That I am pleased with my new bought bra’s :)

Shopping bra’s, can be a mess, especially when the old ones have lasted a while, and shopping online. Sizes can differ widely. But I've ended up with 6 new ones that I am satisfied with. 4 is totally awesome. With not so much hassle that I had expected. The majority of them, are sport bras.

But I am really surprised that a big company such as Nike had such awful website/shopping site at 2018 and lack of technological knowledge/support. Have had a lot of Nike sportswear, this time I bought zero from them.

chown33

Staff member
Aug 9, 2009
A sea of green
The usuals: Death and Taxes.

Death because I'm debugging some software, and either the bugs go or I do.

Taxes because September 15th is fast approaching (1040-ES pymt due).

Oh, and Death because I plan on having pizza and beer for dinner tonite, and we all know how nutritious those are. So yeah, pizza sauce is a serving of vegetables. And malted barley is grain.

Oh, and Taxes because dammit Scotch is getting pricier, and I'm not going to see a tax reduction for a while, if any.

And Death again because I'm reading one of John D. MacDonald's Travis McGee novels. Great writing, but dark, dark, dark.

And Taxes again because man am I glad my taxes support my local library where I can borrow books.

Gutwrench

Suspended
Original poster
Jan 2, 2011

Shopping bra’s, can be a mess, especially when the old ones have lasted a while, and shopping online. Sizes can differ widely. But I've ended up with 6 new ones that I am satisfied with. 4 is totally awesome. With not so much hassle that I had expected. The majority of them, are sport bras.

But I am really surprised that a big company such as Nike had such awful website/shopping site at 2018 and lack of technological knowledge/support. Have had a lot of Nike sportswear, this time I bought zero from them.

Okay, I’m going to be very careful here...when my former wife and I were married I used to buy my step-daughter’s clothes...including her unmentionables. She needed more of those things so being a complete amateur at it I stuffed one in the pocket of my jacket. I went to three stores and would hide behind a display and flash the salesgirl from my pocket like a guy selling stolen watches or LSD in an alley.

I bought like 9 of them that day. Whew. Fast forward several days and I was at work...yep with my step-daughter’s old bra in my pocket. :(

Btw, FYI - Post Your Last Purchase XXVIII :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Lioness~

macrumors 68030
Apr 26, 2017
Mars
Okay, I’m going to be very careful here...when my former wife and I were married I used to buy my step-daughter’s clothes...including her unmentionables. She needed more of those things so being a complete amateur at it I stuffed one in the pocket of my jacket. I went to three stores and would hide behind a display and flash the salesgirl from my pocket like a guy selling stolen watches or LSD in an alley.

I bought like 9 of them that day. Whew. Fast forward several days and I was at work...yep with my step-daughter’s old bra in my pocket. :(

Btw, FYI - Post Your Last Purchase XXVIII :rolleyes:
Haha, sending a guy buying bras. Uhhmm, glad it turned out well. You almost sounds like a semi pro shopping assistant :D

Pass the pic posting of bras though o_O

Lioness~

macrumors 68030
Apr 26, 2017
Mars
Lol!
[doublepost=1536447773][/doublepost]

I am a beast of burden. I can carry many packages.
That’s the benefit of guys when shopping in those areas, carrying the packages.
Uhhmm, maybe useful in some other ways too :D
Thank God for online shopping, instead of running around to exhaustion in the city.
Ah well, some things might be better for physical shopping at times, still.

Ulenspiegel

macrumors 68040
Nov 8, 2014
Land of Flanders and Elsewhere
I hate my neighbors.
Me too, though I have only one.
But I am
really surprised that a big company such as Nike had such awful website/shopping site at 2018 and lack of technological knowledge/support. Have had a lot of Nike sportswear, this time I bought zero from them.

I can imagine. Some pics? :D
Btw, FYI -
Post Your Last Purchase XXVIII :rolleyes:

I can't help laughing here. I am visual. :)
Indeed, I fetch refreshing fruit smoothies and qualified to do department store returns too.
:flexing biceps:
Department store returns... I guess bras are out of question. :p

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.