What screen protector are you using on your iphone 6

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by nightghost, Sep 19, 2014.

1. nightghost macrumors newbie

Hey wanted to know what kind of brands of screen protectors are you using because the one i got is trash.

2. tbobmccoy macrumors 6502a

tbobmccoy

None. I got one on sale from some website, and it's not nearly as good as the no-screen protector phone. Mine is in a case, but that's it. I've never had scratching issues with my iPhone 4 or 5, so I imagine the 6 is just as good.

3. creativedogmedia macrumors 65816

creativedogmedia

Power Support Anti-Glare. Nothing close to it. They just opened pre-orders today. You won't regret it.

4. Mars Is Waiting macrumors member

Mars Is Waiting

You absolutely 100% DON'T need a screen protector. The glass is made to be scratch-resistant. Go ahead and rub keys on it, it won't scratch.

5. creativedogmedia macrumors 65816

creativedogmedia

I don't use it for protection. Makes the screen feel SO much better. And, yes, it can be scratched.

6. The Doctor11 macrumors 603

The Doctor11

I'm not using one. I think the screen will be fine. My iPhone 4 looks the same as the day I got it

7. chrise2 macrumors 6502

My wife's last iPhone hd plenty of scratches on the screen. I assure you, it can be scratched. For this phone, we both got the zag glass screen protectors. She put hers on and it feels better than the stock screen. I haven't put mine on yet because I think my display might have a problem and may need to be exchanged.

8. drka0tic macrumors member

drka0tic

This new screen feels amazing. A screen protector will ruin the experience, not to mention it really is not necessary unless you carry your phone in your purse.

Also, the new screen has a slight curve along the edges. It's gonna be tough to find a screen protector that wont peel off over time.

9. wickedwahine11 macrumors 6502

wickedwahine11

I got the Zagg glass and hate it (and loved the Zagg for my 4 and 5). It is nowhere near large enough and looks tacky as hell.

10. cinealta macrumors 6502

Can you please post a pic as I was considering it. How much smaller than the screen is it? Thx!

11. Bobby Corwen macrumors 68030

Please don't ruin the new screen tech with outdated notions of what you should do with your smart phone.

12. Fizikp macrumors newbie

Agreed, best screen protector. Also the best for finger prints.

Was going to pre-order but found them in my local Apple Store today.

13. sjperformance macrumors 6502

sjperformance

First time ever not using screen protectors on a new iPhone. The curved edge will be tough. Instead got AppleCare for the first time ever.

14. Ezra923 macrumors regular

Got the apple anti glare its nice but it only covers the screen. Its not big enough lol i see a tiny edge of the screen popping out

15. wickedwahine11 macrumors 6502

wickedwahine11

Please forgive the horrible quality of the photo (taken with an iPad) but it does show the outline of the screen protector and how small it is.

[​IMG]

16. acousticbiker macrumors 6502

Curious whether the Power Support is as small as the Zagg pictured in this thread. I have an iCarez (got it cheap while waiting for Power Support) and it looks the same as the Zagg.

I'm thinking the films have to be smaller because of the slight curvature of the screen towards the edges (would be hard to go all the way to the edge without bunching at the corners)

17. spazma7ik macrumors 6502a

I don't understand, are you saying you already have the power support SP on? How?

18. steve31 macrumors 6502a

steve31

I have a Zagg glass screen saver in my 6+. It's glass and not plastic so it feels like I have nothing on it. First time trying the glass protector and I am impressed!

19. TroyBoy30 macrumors 68000

TroyBoy30

20. YN36 macrumors member

Does the screen feel any different? i have never used a glass one. I am searching for a privacy screen protector for the plus

21. kwk1 macrumors regular

kwk1

I got a Muvit tempered glass protector. It is also kind of not wide enough for the screen but there is no distortion or color that appears. I can live with it.

22. Newtons Apple macrumors P6

Newtons Apple

Never used any screen protectors and never had a scratch on any of my screens. Seems like all the hard screen protectors will have to be a little small than the screen as they will not bend around the radius at the edges.

23. Jazper macrumors 6502a

Nothing yet, all screen protectors seem to have bad reviews - I don't know which one to get. :(

Let us know how you feel when it does scratch, nothing is truly stratch resistant. :rolleyes:

24. r-m macrumors 6502a

I'm currently using the one that came with it lol I always leave it on as long as it lasts.
    I've cut a hole out for Touch ID, and used a sharp knife to cut a hole in it above the speaker grill so I can hear people.
    I've also chopped the bottom tab off so it doesn't cover the lightning port.

I don't like putting protectors on until the phone is a few week old, just in case there's any problems and I need to return it.

As for screens not scratching.. I have several very fine scratches on my 5S. I only ever have it in my pocket or on the desk, not in a purse (not a fan of man-bags) with keys or anything.
    I do keep a tissue in that same pocket, but wouldn't have thought that scratches the screen..

25. Cool Pup macrumors 6502a

Cool Pup

Outdated? That's fairly ridiculous. These screens still scratch quite a bit and are easily broken through even the most simple drop.

I'll admit simple slip-on covers are not good, but a good tempered glass protector is essential once the new ones come out. It will save your phone and not even be visible.

Some "outdated notions" of protectors have saved many of broken screens on the 5s.