What shortage? Ordered yesterday - Shipped today

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by MVPinFLA, Jun 30, 2010.

1. MVPinFLA macrumors 6502

I placed an order for my wife's 16G iPhone 4 through Premier on-line yesterday morning at 7:00AM ET. Yesterday it was on Back Ordered status. I couldn't believe when I checked this morning and it was shipped and I had a FedEx tracking number. :)

This seems like an easy way to get an iPhone 4 without any of the waiting in line hassles.

2. Wicked1 macrumors 68040

Wicked1

That is through Apple, and all the other resellers like Best Buy, Walmart, AT&T are not getting nearly the same amount that Apple is giving to their stores or selling on their own online.

I Pre-Ordered through the APP on the 15th and picked up mine on the the 24th, at which time the AT&T store across the mall from Apple had very little and the Apple store had over 4,000 in stock.

It seems if you want one the best way is through Apple. I went to pick up another that I pre-ordered at Best Buy, their first shipment was 30 (20 16gb and 10 32gb) I was #14, so yesterday they received another 10 of the 32GB adn 10 of the 16gb models. The guy who walked up to order one was give the answer they can pre order but they have no idea when their next shipment will be and how many they will get.

So unless you get it from Apple online or an Apple store it's like bobbing for apples.

3. MVPinFLA thread starter macrumors 6502

I would have thought it would be faster to order through Apple also, but the AT&T Premier on-line site came through great.

4. ihav0frnds macrumors 6502

i was having problems with my iphone yesterday (wouldn't come back from screen lock and would need two finger reset), so i took it to the apple store. he said they typically swap it out for units but that it would be a few days. he went back and then said actually we have some now, so i got a new one just like that.

5. wirelessmacuser macrumors 68000

wirelessmacuser

Apple is concealing the fact that they have a huge supply. By carefully metering out a very small number to resellers like AT&T, Best Buy and others, Jobs is doing what he does best. The master of marketing, he manipulates the media, customers, and the retail sales channel. This is his forte and he's the best in the business. Possibly the best in the world. Just look at the empire he's built and the people he influences.

6. jalpert macrumors 6502

You're silly.

7. MaxxTraxx macrumors 6502

Hard to believe.

I've had an iPhone on order for a week with no luck. Won't ship until the 19th

8. Chupa Chupa macrumors G5

Chupa Chupa

Right, because only a genius CEO would think that purposely limiting his company's potential quarterly profits by sticking a thumb on distribution is a great plan.:rolleyes:

9. mangoman macrumors 6502a

mangoman

Same as you, I ordered at 0700 (EST) through the Premier site, but no Shippy Shippy for me. Yet.

:mad:

10. MVPinFLA thread starter macrumors 6502

It shocked me too. I told my wife when I ordered it yesterday that she shouldn't expect it at least 2-3 weeks. Did you order yours through regular AT&T on-line or Premier? That could be the difference.

11. MVPinFLA thread starter macrumors 6502

12. eacer macrumors newbie

OP, thanks for the link. I ordered thru Premier yesterday and the tracking on the premier website showed nothing. However, your link showed that it was shipped. I was amazed and happy!

13. mangoman macrumors 6502a

mangoman

Thanks for the link. Still no luck, and I'm wondering if it's because I'm a new ATT customer. Well, new again, after dumping our old iPhones 6 months ago and hanging with my old friend TMobile.

Which I'm glad I did. Traded iPhones for bicycle stuff, and now we're back into iPhone 4's at the good price.

Anyway...WHERE IS MY CRAP?! :D

14. Hardsheller macrumors member

I wonder if it was because it was 16GB?

15. skyking517 macrumors regular

Im totally bummed...I decided to just order online and hope for the best, I was tired of driving around hunting down a phone...My 16gb is showing back ordered:( SO SAD!!!

16. eacer macrumors newbie

Yes, I ordered the 16GB.

17. MVPinFLA thread starter macrumors 6502

Don't be sad, mine was on back order yesterday too. Hopefully it will ship the next day too. It was a 16G model.

18. muncheroo macrumors newbie

19. skyking517 macrumors regular

Thank you for the encouraging words:) I will keep you posted.

20. malnar macrumors 6502a

malnar

Did your order confirmation mention "your order will ship within 7 to 10 business days"? Just curious if you happened to get into an earlier window - my family are going on vacation next week and we're kind of counting on the Iphone shipping on that 7th day, as we'll be back to get it, but not before then. If it shipped, say today, or tomorrow, we'd be fine, but after that . . . I have no idea. (Will Fedex hold something for a week? Anyone know?)

It was a 32gb that I ordered, by the way - I'm thinking those may be taking longer to get.

21. MVPinFLA thread starter macrumors 6502

Yes, my email confirmation said the same "your order will ship within 7 to 10 business days".

22. F123D macrumors 68040

F123D

I was in the Apple Store yesterday (Fashion Valley Mall, San Diego) and people were just coming in and buying iPhone 4's like it was nothing.

23. minznerjosh macrumors newbie

I ordered through AT&T yesterday (2 new 16GB iPhone lines to my family account) and they shipped today! I have tracking numbers and everything. As of 7:55 AM, they were "picked up." However, it is now 12:17 PM and they haven't changed to "in transit." Also, I haven't gotten an email from AT&T notifying me of shipment (I checked online myself.)

This almost seems too good to be true. I'll believe it when FedEx says "in transit..."

24. trunxc44 macrumors newbie

what time did you order and was it premiere store or regular att online

25. dojoman macrumors 65816

Ordered yesterday around 9AM thru premiere still not shipped. $599 + tax, the most I ever paid for a phone. :eek: