Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Cali Fornia

macrumors regular
Feb 27, 2012
Vienna, Austria
I've posted a tweak I'd like to see in a different thread.. But now I've seen this, I'll add it here.
It'd be pretty cool to see the album art of your current song in the multitasking bar. - Sometimes, I don't know the song I'm listening to from just the song title, or the intro of the piece of music I'm listening to.

I've just made a quick mock-up on photoshop touch:

Why not simply temporarily replace the "Music"-symbol with the cover art - would make sense to me ;)

WeegieMac

Jan 29, 2008
Glasgow, UK
In terms of gestures, I'd love to see the jailbreak tweak, Zephyr, inplemented officially. Absolutely no need to be able to swipe down from the top for Notification Center but not up from the bottom to display the Multitasking Tray.

jlhandy

macrumors newbie
Jan 23, 2012
Los Angeles
I'd like to see a more advance camera, (like always). I'd like to see the next iOS see more internal upgrades, flow smoother, run faster, less crashes, etc.

I'd also like to have the option for more customization,
such as having the ability to remove or hide any application you want, including the built-in Apple apps, (I just don't use 60% of the apps re-installed and they just take up space).
I'd like to have the option to have at least one or two themes or layouts to choose from, i'm getting bored of the default and do not want to jail-break my phone.

mentaluproar

macrumors 68000
May 25, 2010
Ohio, USA
custom panels in the notification center. I like the weather panel, but I would also like to be able to head into the app store and download additional panels too.

Zxxv

macrumors 68040
Nov 13, 2011
UK
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A406 Safari/7534.48.3)

Be able to iMessage YouTube vids. Tweeting and emailing aint enough

ajvizzgamer101

macrumors 65816
Mar 3, 2008
United States
They are definitely going to need Turn by Turn directions... they are so far behind in Navigation plus with Siri that would be cool. Live App Icons available for developers. Lock Screen Widgets. Open up Siri to developers. iMovie and GarageBand for iOS need iCloud support.

trlijc18

macrumors newbie
Mar 3, 2009
Face unlock

You should be able to unlock your phone by using your face on the camera. Or thumbprint.

Zxxv

macrumors 68040
Nov 13, 2011
UK
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A406 Safari/7534.48.3)

That would be weak security. Anyone could lift a print off your print magnet iPhone. Reaply and bam iphone open. Photo opening has been shown to be weak too.

It could be useful once unlocked. Say showing someone your phone. They can't open certain apps without correct finger print.

But main unlock no. Weak security.

APlotdevice

macrumors 68040
Sep 3, 2011
A thumbprint would be physically impossible with the existing hardware anyway. All the touchscreen "sees" is a fuzzy blob. And the camera can't focus that close.

jkim3691

macrumors 6502a
Oct 8, 2011
Just get the jailbreakers to design it. iOS has been pitiful for a long time. I wouldn't even buy an iPhone if there's no jailbreak for it.

xxredneck18xx

macrumors newbie
May 14, 2012
what i would like to see in the ios update is to were
sri- (i would like to be able to text, play songs, do calendar stuff, write notes with out the use of better internet service(i get edge mostly unless i go to a bigger town)) also if i hit the sri button while typing it don't make a sound when on silent
i agree with the lock screen idea or at least let us update how we unlock the phone, weather,
better folders and can move apps around instead of in the grid
quick access to blue tooth and show battery health info.
ability to have just a number keyboard instead of a row (not sure if this feature is available right now)
to have a password protection for apps (jail break)
i would like to see features form the jailbroken iphones native

i am not sure if most stuff i said is already on here

----------

You should be able to unlock your phone by using your face on the camera
i got my toshiba set that way i would love my phone to have that feature

xxredneck18xx

macrumors newbie
May 14, 2012
Live icons: For the clock app, the min & sec hand actually moves; weather app, changes to the actual temp instead of always a sun and 73 degrees.

Widgets would also be cool, I'm sure Apple can do it and make it work for iOS. The space that would take 2 or 4 individual apps could become one widget.

Newsstand should allow all news apps/mag subscriptions to be in it like the CNN, Fox, ABC, Times apps that dont support it. that i would love to delete or put in a folder

Folders should allow more apps and allow you to choose an icon for them.

Live wallpaper, just make this an option for people that want to use it at the expense of draining battery.

not just a slideshow like the mac or windows 7 but i have a viedo of my truck that i would like to see and have a option to play sound when unlocking/locking(not just pre set more like what ever you want that can fit in 3 seconds) like the 3gs jb i had had the sound of a gun when i locked it

that weather app is lieing to me i could be looking outside and it says 73 and sunny and its 40 and raining

gjrevans

macrumors member
Mar 16, 2011
Waterloo On.
Youtube!

In iOS 6 there needs to be some major overhauling of the Youtube tools! Their API is awful and prohibits users from enjoying this form of mobile content on the go or at home. This will become especially important as more people adopt Apple TV and device content mirroring. I'm hoping I don't have to find a substitute for Youtube! :apple:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.