What skin are you getting

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by HA5TY, Jun 16, 2010.

?

What Case

1. Zagg

14 vote(s)
    14.4%
  2. Wrapsol

40 vote(s)
    41.2%
  3. Power Support

16 vote(s)
    16.5%
  4. invisibleSHEILD

13 vote(s)
    13.4%
  5. Ghost Armor

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. belkin

3 vote(s)
    3.1%
  7. other

11 vote(s)
    11.3%
  1. HA5TY macrumors member

So many people keep asking which is the best, so I decided to make a poll to see what the most popular one is

2. lorenwade macrumors 68000

lorenwade

If you look around, I made a comparison of them all. I'll try to find it.

3. HA5TY thread starter macrumors member

yeah, I saw it. It was really good, I just wanted to see what the most popular one is

4. Hellishness macrumors 65816

Hellishness

Those are all skins/films, except for Belkin, and why do you have Zagg and InvisibleSHIELD on there? Zagg is the company that makes IS.

5. HA5TY thread starter macrumors member

oh, whoops.. yeah, I don't know much about skins thats why I made this. Can the mods edit the poll?

6. mikee336 macrumors member

Zagg Warning!!

Trust me a lot of people are going to say the invisible shield because it is a widely known and fairly cheap option but this time around with the ridiculously high res screen the "orange peel" effect that the Zagg produces is totally going to diminish the image quality. You'd be a lot better off with Wrapsol or bodyguardz who constantly get compliments for have no such "Orange peel" effect. You'll think me later if you avoid the IS until they revise for a high res screen.

7. MadMacxxx macrumors 6502a

MadMacxxx

I ordered a new set of 3G/S PS crystal film to use while I wait for this alleged new formula for HD displays in the iP4 edition of the crystal film. I've also pre-ordered the Wrapsol Ultra kit to use on the sides and back, but in the mean time and in case the Wrapsol set doesn't arrive before the 24th, I ordered a PS crystal film set for the 1st gen iPod Touch so I can use the back cover it includes, for my iP4. I may need to measure and precisely trim the film lengthwise to properly fit the back of the iP4. While I wait for the Incipio Feather, I ordered a cheap leather sleeve, with the inside lined with micro-fiber material.

8. DaftDrunk macrumors regular

Through the desert on a horse with no name
    After reading almost every discussion here, I decided on ordering a Wrapsol Ultra.

9. Jmacman78 macrumors 6502

Jmacman78

Same here, Wrapsol seems to be the skin of choice around here.

10. snapper2323 macrumors member

snapper2323

If you go with the wrapsol use promo code: chatter for 20 percent off.

11. HA5TY thread starter macrumors member

what is the orange peel effect?

and I have a 40% discount to Zagg so I was hoping they made a good skin

12. Jmacman78 macrumors 6502

Jmacman78

Here is a photo (not mine) that shows the orange peel effect pretty well. Basically it makes the front glass look not so smooth...and basically "dimply" like the outside of an orange.

[​IMG]

13. HA5TY thread starter macrumors member

ohh. and the wrapsol doesn't get that?

14. Jmacman78 macrumors 6502

Jmacman78

I honestly have no idea about the Wrapsol skins. I just purchased a Wrapsol Ultra and this will be my first Wrapsol skin ever.

15. Razorhog macrumors 65816

Razorhog

That looks terrible! Do both Wrapsol models do that?

16. OverSpun macrumors 6502a

OverSpun

Terrible.

17. i3igsmooth5769 macrumors 6502a

i3igsmooth5769

the worse part is....there's actually people that like that orange peel effect.

18. ngenerator macrumors 68000

ngenerator

Couldn't have said it better myself. It feels kind of cool on the back of an iPod Touch (a friend's that I've messed around with), but I'd never put it on any of my iDevices.

19. lorenwade macrumors 68000

lorenwade

Like me. Well, kind of.

I don't like the effect, but I am a clumsy person. I am more concerned about the protection than anything. That's why I will not do anything less than Wrapsol.

20. mloffa macrumors 6502a

mloffa

Hey just a quick question.
    If I remember correctly, you were set on the Zagg IS for a while and then a member here recommended Wrapsol and you said it was your first, right?
    Therefore, how can you say that Wrapsol is soo great without even trying it?

I'm not trying to attack you, I'm curious.
    If you've read an article or anything about it, I'd love to read it.

My Zagg is on the way but, if Wrapsol is getting a good response, I might go that route.

21. toxictrix macrumors 6502a

Well if ou sign up to win he free iPad on the Zagg site, you could get a coupon of 50%. I tried and got 50% first time. Made my decision a lot easier.

Is the easy install the same as the full body just without the side pieces? If so, why would anyone get easy install?

22. HA5TY thread starter macrumors member

I got the 50% discount too. Its making this decision really hard cause I don't want the orange peel effect but I also dont wanna pay a lot of money

23. kovalchuk71 macrumors 6502

Just ordered a Wrapsol a couple minutes ago. Too bad it wont be here for launch day :(

24. galenmd macrumors regular

I am surprised on how few people discuss the bestskinsever option. I used this on several devices including my iphone 3g and palm devices. It's only $7.99 for the total skin and $5.99 for the body. These are half the price of Zagg, even after their 50% off coupon. So cheap that you can buy several and dispose of them as they get dirty.

Personally, I only like these skins for body only option ($5.99 at bestskinsever) and prefer the PS Crystal for the screen.

25. ScubaCinci macrumors 65816

ScubaCinci

I tried Zagg, Ghost Armor and the Power Support crystal on my 3G phone. The PS was my fav and I will never buy a wet applied skin again.

I put a PS crystal film on my iPad and people can't even tell it's on there. When I tell them there is a film on there, they are like "Really? I don't see one."

It sucks they won't be available on launch day.