Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!
  • Did you order new AirTags? We've opened a dedicated AirTags forum.

Which OS is your smartphone running?

• Android

Votes: 99 52.9%
  • iOS

Votes: 79 42.2%
  • Windows Phone

Votes: 7 3.7%
  • Blackberry

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Firefox

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 2 1.1%

• Total voters

TacticalDesire

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Mar 19, 2012
Michigan
Sorry I'm a little late with this one.

Still using the Nexus 4. Aside from the battery and to a lesser extent the camera it still does what I need it to do. If I want it to last me the whole day and night I usually will have to charge it at lunch or mid afternoon if I expect it to last me a night out on the town with the lady or friends. Still does everything I need from a smartphone. Will take a look at upgrading next year when the new HTC, Sony, Samsung and LG flagships come out. Or a google edition G2.

So now I turn the thread over to you. Which smartphone are you using? Has it changed from last month?

And upon request I have also added a poll.

Here's last months.

https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/1665800/

Last edited:

ChazUK

macrumors 603
Feb 3, 2008
Essex (UK)
Still enamoured with the Moto G myself and am using that through December. This is coming from my HTC One but this month has shown me that I don't really need such a powerful phone given all that the G offers.

When KitKat drops for the Moto G next month, I may love the thing even further if it brings even more increased performance on the low-end hardware.

Had you asked me would I stop using my HTC One for an £130/150 handset a few months ago I'd have thought you mad for asking, but here we are... :D

Comment

Heavy Fluid

macrumors 6502
Jun 18, 2008
Still cannot put this Galaxy S III down. I know that it is older, but it does everything I need, and looks good at the same time. I wanted to give BB10 a run, but every time I look at getting one, I laugh and ask myself who am I kidding?

Comment

unlinked

macrumors 6502a
Jul 12, 2010
Ireland
My One X had an unfortunate altercation with water so I'm using a Moto G while I wait to see what HTC release next year.

Comment

Jessica Lares

macrumors G3
Oct 31, 2009
Near Dallas, Texas, USA
I'm still using my Nokia Lumia 520. Funny enough, I did have water leak all over it since I was outside shooting the snow and ice last week, but I just wiped it off with no problems.

Comment

TacticalDesire

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Mar 19, 2012
Michigan
Still cannot put this Galaxy S III down. I know that it is older, but it does everything I need, and looks good at the same time. I wanted to give BB10 a run, but every time I look at getting one, I laugh and ask myself who am I kidding?

Nothing wrong with the GS3. Still a solid smartphone.

----------

I'm still using my Nokia Lumia 520. Funny enough, I did have water leak all over it since I was outside shooting the snow and ice last week, but I just wiped it off with no problems.

As in shooting it with a firearm or with a camera?

Comment

tbayrgs

macrumors 604
Jul 5, 2009
iPhone 5S. Probably will be that way for the foreseeable future.

Comment

daveathall

macrumors 68020
Aug 6, 2010
North Yorkshire
I am using my Nexus 4 more than my SGS4 at the moment, probably sell both and pick up a Nexus 5 when they come more freely available. Enjoying them both, not much wrong with either of them.:)

Last edited:
Comment

Delorean2006

macrumors 6502a
Feb 4, 2012
iPhone 5 right now...January/February will be either an HTC One Google play edition or nexus 5 with my iPhone 5

Comment

ozaz

macrumors 65816
Feb 27, 2011
Recently gave WP8 a try via Lumia 925. Great camera, and liked several things about WP8, but ultimately I could not overlook the relatively weak app ecosystem and a couple of specific issues with the OS.

So back on my iPhone 4S. Next month will probably be iPhone 5, or giving Android a go.

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.