Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Tucom

Cancelled
Jul 29, 2006
Nice choice bluedoggiant :cool: I don't have a single doubt in my mind that you will be quite pleased with the sound :)

Do let us know what your thoughts and opinions are of them.

Peace

Tucom

Cancelled
Jul 29, 2006
Altec Lansing FX6021. much better than anything bose has to offer.

ctsport1234, if you wish to spit your ignorance, do it somewhere else. The Bose Companion series has inevitably better bass, a more solid build (especially the subwoofer), and the sound produced from the satellites is incredible, for their size. Very lifelike, easy to pick out the instruments, excellent imaging, and very non-fatiguing.

You evedently haven't heard of the Bose 901 series speaker. One of the most famous and revolutionary speakers, for a good reason.

There's a whole plethora of ignorant audiophiles that love mindlessly bashing Bose, and at least half of it is completely false, the other half being they're overpriced. Don't be sucked into this non-sense.

I'm not saying Bose is the best, but you really do get what you pay for, in most cases. They're a private company, they fund sound and medical research, as well as automobile research. Most of their products are made right here in the U.S.A, and the ones that aren't are made in Mexico, which is more expensive that China and generally better quality. You're also getting a product that will last, last, and last. Bose does, indeed, use high quality parts in their products.

It all comes down to personal preference. Bose is like Apple; you can get a faster computer for the money, but not of the same fit and finish, quality support, and you are guaranteed a quality product.

An a more interesting and exciting note, check out this new product from Bose -

http://crunchgear.com/2007/09/19/hands-on-with-the-bose-computer-musicmonitor-speakers/

Looks very promising and is the epitome of how Bose is exceedingly passionate in the research of sound and isn't afraid to try new ideas.

Peace

Clyde099

macrumors regular
Sep 30, 2007
I'm really happy with my Harmon Kardon Soundsticks.
Plus, they look very cool with any mac.

Tom Sawyer

macrumors 6502a
Aug 29, 2007
Blue Sky EXO 2.1

Just a quick note and a thank you to those who mentioned and recommended the Blue Sky EXO 2.1 system. Just got mine and to say I'm happy with them is a major understatement. I just posted a mini-review of them in this thread where the current thread was referenced from:

2.1 System Thread

Blue Sky EXO 2.1's FTW!!!! :D

bluedoggiant

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Jul 13, 2007
MD & ATL,GA
Just a quick note and a thank you to those who mentioned and recommended the Blue Sky EXO 2.1 system. Just got mine and to say I'm happy with them is a major understatement. I just posted a mini-review of them in this thread where the current thread was referenced from:

2.1 System Thread

Blue Sky EXO 2.1's FTW!!!! :D

Whoa, this thread is awake form the dead :p

Well, I was just reading the thread again, and I have to say, i didn't go with the BC3, my dad wasn't willing to pay for it, and i had $234 at the time, so I went with the Bose Companion 2.

These things are amazing, the sound comes from one driver, bass and treble...oh-my-gosh.

plumpan

macrumors regular
Jan 13, 2008
just bought the bose companion 3 from apples website. its great for the limited space on my desk and sounds great. i would recommend it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.